Chapter 24 - The Battle (2)

Author's Note: Hey! Sorry about the almost late chapter. I had my first day of work as an office assistant at my mom's work today, plus driver's ed. I was pretty busy. Just a reminder, this story concludes with chapter 25 and I will not be making a second book. I am considering another Genius!Naruto oriented story, but I'm currently working on my own novel right now. You'll be seeing some of that soon I think. I'm working on the outline right now, so... Anyway, enjoy the concluding chapters of A Tale of a Genius in the Making!

Editor's Note: Funny story, I now have a full-time job and I am a student too. I don't think I'll make a sequel to this, but I might do a few one-shots from this universe later on. Would you guys be interested in that? Also, it's called The Coming of the King now. Fun huh? Come tell me what you think on platforms that don't destroy my notifications!

Chapter 24

Third Person P.O.V.

Obito fights valiantly, but if even Naruto was beginning to lose to Danzo, he knows that he stands no chance of winning. Despite the hopelessness of the current situation, he presses on, forcing himself to forget what lies ahead if he loses. If he loses this battle, he and Naruto will both be killed and Danzo will have the chance of harming Sasuke. He just hopes that the genjutsu he trapped Naruto in will fade off sooner rather than later.

Unluckily enough for Danzo, Naruto is a quick learner, thus the genjutsu manages to get its point across much quicker than even Obito expected. Naruto's eyes blink open soundlessly.

Before even standing up, he makes his power known. The ground shakes from the force of the release of that second power that had been sealed inside of him the day he was born. His features quickly begin to change.

Naruto's irises become red as he draws from Kurama's chakra. In his stillness, he collects Nature Chakra and enters Sage Mode, causing his pupils to change drastically and an orange color to collect around his eyes. His hair becomes unruly and his whisker marks darken and thicken.

As the physical effects of his new power take over, the orange coloring around his eyes seemingly drips down his cheeks, forming tapering lines of orange on either of his cheeks, going seemingly over the thick, black whisker marks. The Rinnegan activates in his eyes, the violet striped pattern following the border of his iris instead of his pupil like with Nagato's. Only after all of the physical effects of his power have taken place does he rise.

"Thank you, Obito-san," Naruto says, his voice echoing through the now silent streets and rooftops.

Obito resists the urge to shudder in fear of the power rolling off of Naruto. Danzo seems perturbed, but unafraid nonetheless. Naruto launches himself up onto a rooftop as Obito forces himself to Shunshin away from the battle about to take place once more. Then, all hell breaks loose.

Naruto doesn't hold back. He fights with the intent to kill.

Naruto's P.O.V.

Flashback no Jutsu

As I free myself from the genjutsu, I feel Kurama pull me against my will into my mindscape. Anger swells within me. Now that I know a way to defeat Danzo, I need to kick his ass and make sure that Sasuke is safe.

"What the hell, Kurama!?" I shout upon being met with the fox. For some reason, Kurama is sitting up, straight backed and respectful.

"Kit," he says in a warning voice. "How about looking behind you?" he suggests, his tone somehow indifferent.

I spin on my heel furiously just to stop dead. The air left my lungs in my shock. For the second time today, I'm seeing my parents.

"Naruto!" my mother, Kushina, shouts.

Her face lights up when my eyes meet hers. I feel my jaw drop. My dad, Minato, laughs at my expression.

"You guys are my parents," I state dumbly

"Well, yeah," my dad answers.

"How the hell..." I mutter to myself.

"Mind your language, young man!" my mom scolds.

"But how are you guys in my mindscape?" I ask, totally bewildered. "You can't blame me for being confuzzled, and plus, I've been cursing since I was four years old," I pout.

"Didn't your godparents scold you?" Dad asks, horrified.

"Which ones?" I grin sarcastically.

"Either or!" he responds.

"Fugaku-tou-san tried, but I have a scary glare," I offer. Mom groans.

"Kit," Kurama calls.

I turn toward him. Every time I'm in my mindscape, it seems to surprise me just how Kurama looks. In my mind, he's a tiny ball of orange and red fluff with kawaii red eyes and nine poofy tails. In reality, he's a giant, towering, lean fox. He's orange and red and an almost muddy color that fits him well, somehow. His red eyes are more sinister and cynical and... well, sadistic rather than kawaii. His tails are poofy, though.

"When your parents sealed me inside of you, they left some of their chakra behind to be able to help you. They wanted to talk to you, so I pulled you in here. I know that you need to help Sasuke, so let's make this quick. Kushina," Kurama explains. I turn towards my scarlet-haired mother.

"This is about your power. The one you didn't know about," Mom states. I nod in understanding. "It's called The Coming of the King, and this is the second time it's ever occurred," my mother states.

"What does it do?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"It allows you to create chakra," my father explains. I feel my jaw drop again.

Flashback no Jutsu End

With the words of my parents as nothing more than a memory now, I fight. The Coming of the King will help me kill Danzo and save Sasuke, not that he usually needs saving. I create a massive burst of chakra that sends Danzo shooting backwards, past Sasuke.

I rush forward and pick Sasuke up into my arms. I release another burst of chakra, knocking Danzo off his feet once more. Then, the just name pops into my head. It's simple. Chi no gihō ni yoru shi no shōin. The second the jutsu is performed, my irises flashing violet for a moment as I use one of my clan techniques, Danzo keels over, bleeding profusely before dying.

I widen my Sensory range, being sure to keep Sasuke cradled close. I gradually begin to pump chakra into his body as I observe the rest of the battle. It appears that most of ROOT has been dismantled. There are very few fights going on right now. Very few loyal Konoha shinobi were hurt, and only two were killed. I didn't know either of them, but it's still a sad thing. It seems that clean up is what is most important right now.

Sasuke begins to stir. The color begins coming back to his cheeks. I sense Obito land on the roof just next to me.

"Will he be alright?" Obito asks.

"Yes. I'm giving him more chakra now," I tell him.

'I need to be careful not to overuse this ability. It could destabilize the fabric of space-time, not to mention corrupt my mind,'

"I'm sorry," Obito says suddenly.

"For trying to kill me?" I reply monotonously.

"Yeah," he responds.

"It's fine. Actually, I should be thanking you for deciding that I'm halfway decent," I chuckle.

"I'm still responsible for the deaths of your parents," Obito points out.

"Their deaths gave me Kurama and made me into the person I am now. You can't change the past, so just know that I've forgiven and forgotten," I say.

"Naru?" Sasuke croaks.

I look to him again. His onyx eyes stare into mine. My heart skips a beat. Sasuke will live; he'll be fine. My entire body relaxes, and the fatigue begins to set in. My eyelids feel heavy, but I can't bring myself to close them from the sight of Sasuke just fine.

'Ah, here's the drawback. All strong abilities have one. I guess fainting is mine,'

Edited 12-15-2020