Chapter 18 - The Land of the Waves (2)

Chapter 18 - The Land of Waves (2)

Editor's Note: Wowie, chapter 17! As I'm editing all of this, I feel like I might be setting this up for a more satisfying ending than the original! I'd be pretty happy if that ends up being the case. We'll see, though. Come join my imaginary mafia by following the links in my bio! Or get yourself some fun stuff from my Redbubble! Because I am poor.

Chapter 18

Naruto's P.O.V.

My head is pounding furiously. A sharp pain settled deep in my head, enough to make me whimper quietly. My hands wrench themselves toward my temples, where the pounding originates from.

I feel my body positioned around something soft, yet firm. By the scent, I can tell that it's Sasuke. His chest rises and falls slowly. He's asleep, and I have been sleeping on his chest.

'Oh boy, oh boy, don't panic! Just cuddling with your crush! It's fine!'

I hesitantly reach out with my Sensory, feeling the pain grow as I do. I try to open my eyes, but the pain suddenly doubles as I try to squint.

'Kurama?' I ask.

"Kit, that, ah, poison was something funny." he says. He sounds almost relieved. "Keep trying to open your eyes," Kurama advises.

'Why? What's going on?'

"Just trust me, Naru," he pleads.

I huff in defeat and worm my way out of Sasuke's embrace. He stirs, beginning to open his own eyes. I squint again, immediately shielding my eyes with my hand.

"Naruto?" Sasuke's voice calls. He sounds far away due to my distortion. "Are you alright? Hey," he mutters, touching my shoulder.

The suddenness of the action makes my eyes snap open, therefore resulting in a harsh flinch and a strangled sound of pain from deep in my chest.

"Is it your head?" he asks as my eyes squint back to an almost-closed position.

"Just give me a second," I growl.

Slowly, the pain begins to fade. I open my eyes a bit more. Suddenly, I'm gaping, meeting an onyx-eyed gaze.

"Oh my god." I whisper.

"Are you feeling better now?" Sasuke asks.

His jet black hair frames his pale, thin face nicely and spikes out in the back. His eyes are gorgeous and practically glowing. His brows are scrunched up in worry. There's obviously some sort of window behind him, making him look almost angelic. He's quite fit, although obviously shorter than me. He has high cheekbones and he looks almost regal. It's easy to see why the young Uchiha has fangirls.

"I can see," I whisper in awe.

Sasuke arches an eyebrow in confusion. I look down at my own tan hands before glancing back up at the young Uchiha who can only be defined as ethereal. It's somehow fitting that he's the first that I see. I've always liked him for his personality, but now I understood exactly why he has so many fangirls. He's gorgeous. I might have to track down a Sasuke fan club and join it.

"I - I mean, get Kakashi please," I correct, willing away the heat in my cheeks.

I need a minute to collect myself and prepare myself for the next time I look into his eyes. Seeing my crush for the first time is making my heart beat out of my chest and the blood rush to my face.

'That poison was something funny, huh? What the hell is going on?'

"Well it attacked your nervous system. Pretty violently," Kurama starts. "Before, you had a new set of eyes that couldn't connect properly to your nerves, and the poison damaged your nervous system. It would have killed anyone that didn't have a tailed beast to magically heal them,"