Chapter 1

"Mom, I'm 18 years old you can't just say I'm not allowed to drive myself"

I can't believe my mom thinks she still has control over me....legally I can do whatever I please.

"Yes I can I'm your mother, now wait there after work and I will pick you up"

"Jesus sometimes I don't even know if you know the laws, IM FREAKING 18!!!!"

"Ugh..fine but I want you to call me as soon as you get there and as soon as your gonna leave there....got it?"

"Yes mom I'm fine don't need to go all protective over me"

"Yes I do....I don't really know what to do after that night" she said tearing up.

"Mom please stop crying, it has been a year and I'm sorry okay I will be safe and I will call you alright, now smile because I hate to see my mom cry!"

That night was one of the worst nights of my life and I don't think I will ever be able to survive thinking it's gonna happen again. My dad committed suicide right in front of me and my mom. Only Beth, myself and my mom know about it. I still don't get why she's so protective of me if we were done no harm. But I still love her to death because she had it the hardest.

"Ok baby I'm sorry, I love you..ok?"

"Bye mom I love you too"

And after that hug, I got in my car and turned on the radio and what makes you beautiful by One Direction played. Not gonna lie, the song was really good but I'm not like a crazy fan. I think the fandom for one direction is called Directioners or something I don't even know.

I work at Starbucks on Saturdays if your wondering and I cover the morning shift from 10 am to 2 pm so it's not that big of a deal.

Right now it's my summer break and then I'm off to New York university with a full scholarship with my bestie Beth. I'm very excited but, I'm gonna have to live away from my mom since we live in Seattle, Washington. School just finished like 2 days ago so I'm very happy. At least I have Beth because we have been best friends since 5th grade.

As I pulled in, I realised I was 5 minutes late to work.

"Oh shit, I'm late"

I walked in and put on my apron and started working immediately.

"Hey Erin, morning" Kelly my co worker came up to me smiling.

"Morning Kel"

CRASH!!

"What was that!?" and I realised, a customer dropped his plate.

"Oh god, Erin can you take over the register for 5 minutes? imma go clean that up"

"Yea sure"

The 5 minutes turned out to be 2 hours since there was lots of people spilling things and another girl didn't show up for her shift so Kelly and I had to cover for another person. I literally was at the cash register at the same time as making coffee for someone.

When my shift was finally over, I called my mom but she didn't pick up.

"Really mom, you told me to call you and won't pick up the phone?!?" I literally screamed at her voice mail.

I went home to find her gone and a note was placed on the kitchen counter.

I'm on a date with Josh baby, won't be back till late. Don't stay up for me. Go out and have fun or something. Love you.

Mom

Great. Just Great.

Ever since she found Josh, she has been head over heals for him. Not to blame the guy though, he is a true gentlemen and treats the both of us right.

I checked the time and it was 3.15 pm.

"Guess I'll just go out with Beth" I told myself and went to text Beth.

To: Beth

me: hey girl wanna go to the mall?

me: I'm really bored

Beth: oh yes

Beth: dude pick me up tho jay took my car

Jay is her older brother and he's 21.

me: yea sure thing girl meet you in 10 love ya

Beth: love ya too

I picked out my denim high wasted shorts and  plain black t-shirt with my black vans. Then I grabbed my phone and purse and headed off to pick up Beth.

-:-

A/N:

Pic of the outfit is attached

Thank you so much for reading guys, this is my first fan pic so please understand if there are any grammatical errors or whatever. Im trying to fix them.

Vote, Comment and Share