Chapter 19 confessions

Its been at least a day and a half later and I've isolated myself from the outside world. Through out the day I would stay in my apartment and the swinging stage that hangs over the Hokage monuments.

"I knew you somewhere around here."

I knew the voice all too well but didn't know where it came from. I looked above my head at the top of the monument. Shikamaru and Kiba. They both jump Down to the swinging stage and sat besides both my sides.

"What you guys want?"
"We're here to comfort you."

Both men put their heads on my shoulders

"Are you okay Mila?"
"I'm fine. I'm absolutely fine, it's okay..."
"It's okay if yo-"

Tears were already coming from my eyes. I cover my face with my knees and it's completely dark. I lift my head up to see both my sides of both men staring out to the village. I give them both a warm kiss on the cheek and leave them surprised.

"Thanks guys! I gotta go, see you later at the bench!"

I leave and head down to Hokage tower and enter Lady Tsunades office.

"I want a mission to go on tomorrow. Anything."
"Why is that?"
"I realized that I need to stop moping and face reality and get things done."
"Very well, tomorrow afternoon you must take some paperwork to the sand village and give fourth to the kazakage."

After talking to the Hokage I go to Ichiraku's ramen to eat and come face to face with Sasuke again.

"Sasuke!"

He turned his head towards me song did Sakura and Ino.

"What you want?"
"I'm here to apologize for what i did and it was wrong."
"Why so sudden?"
"Because I'm changing into a person who wants to get things done. I gotta go but I'm sorrry"

I say running off. Next I try to find one person who is usually hard to find, Kakashi. I checked his apartment, not there. I checked the book store, not there. I gave up on looking and went to my apartment, and there he was jus sitting on my bed.

"Gosh Kakashi I was searching everywhere for you, and you're here great! But why are you here?"
"Tsunade told me you're back to your old self. So I came to check."
"Oh yeah! But listen, this is gonna sound very sentimental."
"Oh okay."
"You're the only family I have left. Grandpa Hokage and uncle Jiraiya are gone, leaving us so I just wanna tell you I love you. So if one day you or I die we will both be a wreck."

Kakashi didn't say anything. He stood up and hugged me tightly.

"You know Mila I never told you this, but when you were about six months old Third Hokage handed you over to me, and I didn't know how to take care of you. I don't regret anything. Also I love you too."

We both had to leave my apartment as the sun went down. He went somewhere and I went to the rooftop again to meet with Shikamaru and Kiba. They seem to already be there before me.

"Hey guys! I gotta tell you something"

I call out to them.

"What is it Mila?"
"Hmm?"
"Look I'm gonna get a little sentimental and emotional real quick. First Kiba."
"Huh?"
"Okay look, I'm so very grateful that we became such good friends and I love you for that, I will forever love you as a childhood crush. We will both still be bests friends no matter what!"

Kiba went silent as I went on and on about our friendship. I then turned to Shikamaru

"Shikamaru...you have always known me and kinda been there for me. When you let me crash at your place and I heard you defended me when Sakura and Ino came at me. I realize-"
"Don't say it Mila, I know..."

He walked towards me in pursuit, his warm soft lips on mine and his hands just above my waist and my hands around his neck. Kiba and Akamaru in the background screaming for success. My mind is harvesting too much passion so I break the kiss between Shikamaru and I. We both looked at each other, he then swings his left arm around my neck. Does this mean what I think it means? Probably, if he's committed then I'm committed.

The end.

* * * * * *
I decided to cut it even shorter than 23, so I'm sorry about that. Didn't have any more ideas. I'm glad a lot of you enjoyed.