Chapter 3 The Idea

As Kakashi entered the apartment he didn't notice that Jiraiya was here. They both talk about recent missions and the trouble that happened along the way. Until it hit me,

"Uncle Jiraiya! Kakashi-Sensei!"

I yell at them to get both of their attention towards me.

"I just over heard that you, Uncle Jiraiya is leaving for 'research'. Say-Say that I go with you and help you, and in return you train me?!"

Kakashi and Jiraiya look at eachother in confusion then turned and looked at me for an explanation.

"Huhh! Even if I were to to go 'research' you still be in school. And why would you?"

Jiraiya tells me in disbelief. I continue to make a point, and try to get both men to feel pity.

"Well you see, I'm about to graduate from the academy as a fat person..."

I say while pointing to my stomach in a fake sad face to make them even more sorry for me.

"And if I go with you and train my hardest! I can lose this weight fast, and learn new jutsu from you! But right now I'll give you and Kakashi-Sensei to think over it because I have to go to work."

         I get up from where I was sitting and head to my bedroom to grab my apron then went back to the living area to give Kakashi and Jiraiya a kiss on the cheek and wish them goodbyes while waving my left arm. The place that I work at is just about three blocks from my apartment, but still far just like the academy. Taken about ten minutes before arriving at Yakiniku Barbecue.

         Entering the medium sized building, I pull over my apron and tie it. The restaurant is pretty empty until a group of children I recognize from school. I sign in despair as im told by my boss I must go and take their order.

"Hello welcome to Yakiniku Barbecue, are you ready to order?"

I say while placing two glasses of water on their table,

"Huh? Mila! You work here?!"

I look at the person who has a bag of potato chips in hand, it's Choji and Shikamaru. The actual people I get along with.

"Whaaa Choji, Shikamaru! I haven't seen you guys in a while."

I say towards the two boys.

"This is such a painnn. Can we just order?"
"Hey, don't be rude Shikamaru. But yes Mila we'd like to order please."

I take out a pen and paper ready to write their order down.

"Can we have two plates of beef and pork!"

Says Choji in the most enthusiastic way I ever seen him. I write down everything and leave to place the order and after I just hang out at the cashier table bored.

About seven minutes later, from back of the restaurant the bell rings stating food is ready. I grab the plates of beef and pork and hand it over to Choji and Shikamaru.

"Are you ready to graduate from the academy?"

I ask both of them

"Yes! But did you hear Iruka-Sensei is grouping the class in a three man team that day?"

I look in confusion about what Choji says to me because, that is the very first time I've ever heard of what Iruka-Sensei is doing.

After work I went straight to my apartment to find out if Jiraiya and Kakashi were still there but they have left. I wasn't worried because I knew that both would appear tomorrow to see me. It was also late at night, so I checked my apartment to see if the door was locked and windows are closed. Gathering pajamas and a towel to my bathroom and took a nice hot shower before bed.

- Time Jump to Morning -
         I quickly woke up and got ready for school still without eating breakfast. Finally arriving at school for the first time I am not late! I enter Iruka-Sensei's classroom tired

"Wow! Mila you're not late today!"

Says Iruka-Sensei

"Ughhh. I'm ready to learn!......"

I say tired and half way asleep on the cold table.

Other students enter the classroom one by one and then Iruka-Sensei announces something

"I will be grouping three man teams tomorrow. So be prepared!"