Chapter 17 friendship

There I still sit on the bench waiting for Shikamaru to show. But it's been a good hour and finally I hear foot steps come from the staircase. Not only one person but two. I look up to see Shikamaru and Kiba walk towards me and sit besides me leaving me in the middle.

"Why is he here Shikamaru?"
"Kiba told me what he did and I'm gonna make you guys make up. So pretend I'm not here."

Me and Kiba look towards eachother eye to eye confused. He lets out a sigh

"Mila, what I did earlier was wrong and I'm sorry."
"I'm sorry that I told you I didn't want to be one of your slobs and I didn't mean to raise my voice."

We finished our apologies and we hugged it out. I swing my arms on both of their necks and smiled widely

"This is a start of a new friendship."
"Huh? I haven't seen that big of a smile since you arrived here."
"Its good right?"
"Eh..."

We all chuckle. And sat out for a little while.

"Do you know what my grandfather told me?"
"Third Hokage?"
"Yup! I come up here almost everyday to ask him for advice, and I could only imagine what he would tell me.
"..."
"I am no longer that fragile little chubby girl that's holds onto a grudge from others. But now I'm grown I learned how to forget and leave the past."

I yawn as it gets darker and darker. Footsteps coming up the stairs, it's Shikamaru's father.

"Oi! Shikamaru you know how your mother gets when you're out late. Come on."
"Ok. See ya guys."

Me and Kiba waved goodbye to Shikamaru and sat in silence.

"Maybe it's time for us to get home too? Kakashi is probably waiting, and your parents are probably waiting too."
"Yeahh...probably."

We get up from our seats and start to walk down the stairs together.

"Um, I'll walk you to your apartment. If that's alright?"
"Oh sure. Its about a few blocks from here. Where do you live?"
"Also a couple blocks."

He points to the right while I point to the left.

"Kiba if you live over there, there's no need, really!"
"No. Its already dark out and you're alone. Something could happen to you..."

When he said that I went silent. I let him walk me to my apartment. I thought to myself, 'wow he really changed. From a jerk to a decent person. I wonder if he actually cares?'
As we walked down a path of darkness, a trash can fell over making a loud crash caused by a stray cat. I jumped and got closer to Kiba's shoulder. He laughed.

"Scared?"
"Hm, NO it just startled me that's all!"

I say while dusting off my skirt. We made it to my apartment and stood outside the door.

"Well thank you for walking me home Kiba. You really changed since academy days. Haha."
"I guess I did. And you're welcome! Meet at the tower tomorrow night?"
"Yup! Always."

I start to open my door while Kiba walks off I turn my head to yell at him

"BE CAREFUL!"
"I WILL!"

I go inside and head towards my bedroom. I take my shoes off and change into something comfortable like sweat pants and a plain tshirt. I then go to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth, then back to my bedroom to read a little before I doze off into a deep sleep. I also remembered that I gotta wake up pretty early to meet Uncle Jiraiya and Kakashi at main gate to wish Jiraiya off on a safe journey to Amegakure.