Chapter 2 Gratitude

- 14 years later/Present Time -
- Mila POV -
       "Yo, Mila wake up I got you breakfast but you gotta hurry to get to school."

I lay awake in my comfortable bed piled with blankets and pillows to cover my surroundings. Still in bed, I decide to finally get up and slip on my dragon slippers and go to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth.

After all that time in the bathroom, I go  back to my bedroom closed and locked the door to change into whatever fits me, and do my hair. Unlocking the door, I head for my kitchen to see the back of a sliver haired man in a Jounin outfit reading a book.

"WHATCHA READING THERE?!"

As I jump on his back then fall slowly back down.

"Kakashi-Sensei Im not gonna eat today..."

I say to the man calmly as he turned around to ask me why.

"Are you not feeling well Mila?"
"Im fine..."
"Whats wrong? There's something wrong and I know it."

He questions me as a force to answer him, but all I tell him is that he doesnt need to worry and that I'm heading to school.

         The school is a few blocks away from my apartment which for me is pretty far. Each block I take a break to catch my breath and rest for a little. By the time I get to the academy everyday, I am always considered late to my class.

"Mila you're late."

My teacher Iruka-Sensei says to me. He's really quite simple as a person, he also has a scar across his face from cheek to cheek which I think is pretty cool.

         In my seat quietly and not a word. As Iruka-Sensei teaches he calls out random students to answer the questions. One by one answer each question,

"Mila. Can you answer what A2 + B2 = C2 is called?"
"Um...."

I struggle to find the name for the equation until someone from the middle of the classroom shouts out

"DID ALL THAT WEIGHT GO TO YOUR HEAD?!"

I couldn't figure out who said that but everyone burst into laughter except certain people who thought it was rude and inappropriate. My eyes begin to get watery but I deal with the fat shaming everyday but still haven't gotten used to it. The very reason why I didnt eat the breakfast that Kakashi-Sensei brought for me this morning.

        All my life Ive been big boned and I gotten made fun of. Most people think I have no family because they all heard the story that I was abandoned outside the gates but what they dont know is that I do have people I consider family. Strong people. Basically I can have them ruin their lives but I choose to go the high road and try to ignore what comes my way.

         Im very glad that its almost graduation and I'm passing all classes with A's. It came to the end of the day at school and usually I walk home alone. As I exited the building and from the crowd, is a old man covered in white hair, and having two red streaks on his face.

"JIRAIYA-SENSEI!"

I say trying to run towards him but ended up jogging very slowly.

"MILA! Ahh it's so very good to see you. Remember I told you, you can call me Uncle Jiraiya haha."

The old man said to me.
When I was younger about four years, I had been introduced to my 'Uncle' Jiraiya. Between Jiraiya, Kakashi, the Third Hokage, and I we are the only ones that knows Kakashi is my legal guardian. It is kept a secret from the village.

         Even though I am glad to see Uncle Jiraiya, I am not in the happiest mood at the moment. On our way to my apartment, we walk side by side and at the corner of my left eye I could see him look at me strangely

"What is it?"

I say to him quietly.

"Its just that you seem more down than usual. Why is that?"

"Nothing. No need to worry Uncle Jiraiya."

I say hastily and waving both hands in the air like Im absolutely fine, but really Im not.

Really, Ive always acted in this type of mood. Since I been bullied so much, I have forgotten what its like to actually have fun and show a real smile. Any sign of attraction towards me I find awkward and anxiety fills my body. I think all of this while Jiraiya and I arrive at my apartment and head inside. Moments after we arrived, the front door jiggles then is open with a key to see Kakashi-Sensei.