Chapter 8 News

- three year jump -
After just turning seventeen, I've grown not just height wise, but as a shinobi for the hidden leaf. Only a few more weeks left of training with Uncle Jiraiya then we go back to the village. Ive lost weight and now I can finally do things I couldn't before like run. Im the happiest Ive ever been. Still training and learning new jutsu, I accomplished about three jutsu. Taking a break under a shade from a tree.

(Bird flys down to Jiraiya's hand)

"Oi, what's this?"

As Jiraiya reads his face saddens

"Uncle Jiraiya what is it?"
"We need to head back to the village immediately. No questions. Gather your stuff and lets go."
"Oh okay!"

I gather my belongs from under the tree and we headed off on the trail back to Hidden leaf. I wasn't planning on coming back so early but if it means I get to see grandpa Hokage and Kakashi then I'm fine. I'm ready to show them what I have learned from Jiraiya and how much I changed.

"Mila, once we get to the village I want you to lay low."
"I was planning too. But what's all this about?"
"Kakashi has sent a letter from the bird saying, Third Hokage has passed..."

My eyes begin to get watery. Here I was having the time of my life and there was grandpa Hokage suffering.

"I'm sorry Uncle Jiraiya, but I gotta go!"
"Its fine, I'll meet you there."

Running and running on the dusty trail hours later, I finally reached the hidden leaf main gate. Rain began to drop and hit my head so I pull over my coats hood that covers my whole head and for people not to see my face.

Entering the village, I walk pass shop owners I used to know and classmates I used to go to school with. They don't recognize me at all but since I have my large hood on they can't see my face but either way I must stay low. I make my way to Hokage tower and into the meeting room where all Jounin gathered.
I knock on the door, a non familiar voice says comes in. I walk right in the middle that separates the Jounins and upfront to the person that said come in.

"Who are you and what is your business?"

I see a big breast blonde headed lady sitting down, she must be the one who gonna be taking over.
I take off my large hood to show my face in front of her, still nobody recognizes me,

"My name is Mila Nariko. And I want information about the passing of the Third Hokage."

Every Jounins face changes expression into a shock. The door then opens with a voice

"I'm very sorry lady Tsunade, I got held up with a problem."

I turn around to see who the voice belongs too, my eyes tears up and I run towards him

"Kakashi-Sensei!"
"Huh? Mila? You're here already. Its good to see you again. Where is Jiraiya-Sensei?"
"Well it's good to see you too! And Uncle Jiraiya is way behind still on the trail."

As we chit chat for a little, the blonde lady asks Kakashi-Sensei a question

"Kakashi. Who is this young lady? And what's her deal with the Third Hokage?"
"Lady Tsunade, this is Mila Nariko she's kinda like the granddaughter of the Thirds."

Kakashi gets closer to lady Tsunade and whispers

"I am her legal guardian and that is kept secret from the village..."

He steps back to me and puts his arm around me. Lady Tsunade begins to calm down and stands up from where she sits.

"All Jounins, I want you all to head out and tell the villagers of the upcoming funeral and all must attend."
"Yes Lady Tsunade."

Then everyone is dismissed and leaves except for Kakashi and I.