Chapter 5 Goodbyes

As the sun sets into the Earth, I sit up from my bed and wonder who I'll be saying goodbye too. Kakashi and Jiraiya had already left my apartment leaving me alone. But as I think, I don't know if I wanna tell anyone about my three year trip to help Jiraiya. I finally lay back down in my bed trying to get a good night sleep for tomorrow.

- Time Jump to next morning -
         Last night I plan on not going to school until I finish packing and cleaning up my apartment. Beside by the time Iruka-Sensei gives out leaf headbands and certificates it'll be at the end of school which I'll be done by then.

         I get started on cleaning my bedroom first by making my bed organizing my closet and desk. After I move into cleaning the bathroom and kitchen plus living area. I finished with in an hour. Then I start on packing for my trip of three years so I pack comfortable clothes, pajamas, toothbrush/toothpaste, etc. Since I still have time on my hands before I meet with Jiraiya at main gate, I sling my duffle bag over my shoulder and head out. Looking at my home one last time and then locked the door.

         Walking down the streets I keep quiet, minding my own business. Passing by neighbors and friendly shop owners. I make my way to the academy to receive my headband. I know that Iruka-Sensei is still teaching class but he wouldn't mind.

         Arriving at the school, I look at it for a while on the outside. I finally go inside and walk down to Iruka's classsroom and open the door.

"Oh Mila! So glad you came by."
"Um...Iruka-Sensei I must tell you something real quick-"

He interrupts me and gets closer to my ear and whispers

"I know that you're leaving in a little bit. Kakashi-San told me ahead of time."

He moves away from my ear, goes to his desk and grabs a single leaf headband in one hand and the other hand is a rolled up paper. A tear falls from his eyes in happiness

"I hear by graduate Mila Nariko as a Genin of Konoha. I wish you my best and safest Mila. Do well."

I look Iruka-Sensei straight in the eyes and give him a really big hug and let go slightly then looked at the class. A yellowish blonde kids known as the annoying goof or Naruto Uzumaki yells out at Iruka-Sensei and I

"Huhhhh! WHY IS SHE GETTING HERS EARLIER THAN US?!"

Neither Sensei nor I answer as I give Sensei one last hug and seconds later I wish everyone good luck and leave to head for Hokage tower still having time.

Jogging up the stairs I reach the office with a knock on the gigantic door.

"Come in."
"Grandpa Hokage, I just wanted to Thank You for all you do for me. I'll come back to show you everything that I learned and you will not be disappointed!"

The Hokage gets up from his seat and walks towards me

"Mila. You can never disappoint me even if you tried. Haha. You will be missed by friends and family who adore you."
"Haha, I doubt that. Well I should get going to meet at main gate. See you in three years Grandpa..."

I give the Hokage one last hug and went on my way to meet at main gate with Jiraiya.