Chapter 1 The blessing

- flashback -
- Third Hokage POV -
This morning from my village stroll, I meet up with Izumo Kamizuki and Kotetsu Hagne the gate watchers and quickly ordered them to call all Chuunins and Jounins in the meeting room this instant.

All Chuunin and Jounin arrived in the meeting room confused and not understanding why I have ordered it very unexpected.

"I have called you all here because, as I took my morning stroll there was a picnic basket infront of main gate. In my arms..."

I take a short pause before continuing, I move some blanket from my arms then followed through

"Is a six month old baby girl found in that same picnic basket outside."

Everyone in shock and in awe.

"Also in the basket, a note from her mother stating her father is an abusive man and wants her special hidden powers of the Lathyrus flower-"

I get cut off by multiple shinobi's all at once.

"Hokage-sensei, the Lathyrus flower hasnt been around for years!"
"Hokage-sensei, if she gets out of control how will we deal with her?!"

I stop the shouting in the room, and then continued to make my speech

"Yes, the Lathyrus flower hasnt been around for years. And If she gets out of control we can teach her discipline and respect."

A raised hand is shot up in the air

"Yes, Asuma?"
"What is her name?"
"Her name is Mila Nariko and she will grow up here in Konoha as a leaf. Understand?"

Everyone replies with a yes and then is dismissed but I call back for a certain person, with sliver spiked hair and a mask that covers all his face except one eye.

"Kakashi. Stay I must discuss something with you for a moment."
"Yes Hokage-Sensei?"
"You may disagree with me, but you are one of the most strongest Jounins around and for now on you will be Mila's legal guardian. No questions asked. IT MUST BE KEPT SECRET. You must nurture her and care for her as she gets older and show her ways of being a respectful shinobi."

I watch Kakashi's face change from a confident young man to a puzzled child with no clue. I had over Mila to Kakashi and then also dismiss him. As they walk out the door, I whisper to myself

"Good luck...because you'll be a great father figure"

- Kakashi Hatake POV -
         After being dismissed from the meeting room, I am left alone with a child who's not mine. But I do promise that I will care for her until I die because she is now my first priority to me.
I wonder to myself if the village market has baby supplies like diapers and milk...

         Day after day, Mila grows and grows. Each part of her body changes into something else. For now on I am her protector.

- 1 year later -
- kakashi Hatake POV -
It has been a good year since Third Hokage has given me a blessing. Mila is now a year old learning my name and sitting up on her own while eating whole foods. My perspective on life has changed quite a bit. When I first received Mila, I had no clue on how to watch a small child who's life was my responsibility.

         Everyday I take Mila down to Hokage tower for Third Hokage to watch over her while I go out for the afternoon and then pick her up in the evening. This wasnt my idea to have him watch her but his because, he knows that Im busy. As I drop Mila off with Third Hokage I whisper quietly

"I Love You..."

Then headed out to train and go on missions.