Enter Stage Right

Start from the beginning

The screens sprang to life and my heart went to my mouth, some heads started to turn, attracted to them by Pauls words.

As the Head of the FBI introduced himself, the rest of the room spun silently taking in the FBI's special broadcast.

We Interrupt this program to cross live to the FBI:

"Good evening, my name is Terrance Golder and I am the Head of the Federal Bureau of Investigation in the United States of America. Tonight, we break into your regular program for a quiet peculiar purpose."

Abe moved quietly and sat beside me, we squeezed each other's hands for reassurance.

"For the past five, actually nearly six, years, our highly-trained team of investigators have been undertaking a massive operation both at home on American soil, and abroad. Locating and apprehending many persons of interest that were known to be dangerous to the community at large. These perpetrators were highly organised and threatened to bring carnage to hundreds and possibly thousands of innocent people at major events that would take place around the affected countries"

Rusty and Brian shifted uneasily on their feet. Linda, Paul, Ringo and George hunkered below the small stage knowing every word was a one closer to the big reveal which would bring joy, happiness and probably also a lot of hostility from those that would think they should have been included in the circle of knowledge.

"As such the FBI found it necessary to take certain citizens and secure them safely until the immediate and ongoing threat was controlled. With complete agreement, from the President down, this took place... A highly-recognised member of the music community, and his audience,  was the prime target in this case"

A hum went through the room, my hand was squeezing Abe's so tight he grimaced at me and I relaxed a little.

"Again, I am here today to say our country is safe and secure. Without this person's loss of privileges be it personal or otherwise for nearly six years, I would NOT be able to say today, that NO person was harmed or injured. This person will be awarded for his services to this country and I ask that my fellow countrymen and women to welcome the individual back with open hearts and arms."

Oh, My goodness this is so painful, where is that damn band-aid that I wanted to rip off! Fast and clean off this whole saga!

"John, please step forward" The room was silent waiting for the penny to drop. Waiting for the person, that  unbenounced to them, they were here for, to step forward.

A few confused people were turning, looking at Paul and the boys for answers but most stood, hands over mouths, tears streaming down their faces in hope.

Recognition was dawning because here stood three quarters of the Beatles and family and friends.

All with one person in common.

The confused swung back to the tellies holding onto the person beside them.

"Mr John Lennon, the United States of America from President to those citizens that walk our streets in peace thank-you for your dedication to saving life and limb of those same countrymen and women.  Please accept this plaque, accepting you as an honoured citizen of the United States of America"

The television announcer finished off the interruption:

And Now back to your scheduled programming

A couple of people looked like they would faint, lots rushed the bar, most rushed Paul and the boys. The room went off with an almighty bang! Voices rose, yelling and hotting and hollering happily, all talking about the broadcast.

When would they see him.

Would everything be the same.

Where had he been.

Abe patted my hand and we all just decided to start playing, no one was listening so we took it slow, quiet, a calming set of instrumentals and tunes. It didn't matter, no one paid us attention.

All hell broke loose and there he was.

In the doorway stood the person they all thought lost for so long. A mass of arms and hands reaching for him as he bound onto the stage, quickly giving the band that stood upon it a quick wink hello as we ceased playing. John stepped to the microphone, sweat was pouring off him. As difficult it was for those that just discovered he was alive it was worse for him, so much time gone missing, never to return.

"Right, hello my darling family and friends. First, and I know this will never ever, ever make up for this saga, but SORRY. Sorry for the heartache, sorry for the tears, sorry for the pain I caused. I'm so happy to have you all here tonight though as we clear the air" John took a break and wiped his eyes, tears of relief washing them clean. "Now there are lots of questions and people here to see, if I promise you all now that I will speak to every one of you, will you please let me work my way round the room, I'll find you, eventually. I really want to see my family first up though!"

Everyone laughed, the room was so full of energy and love, I felt my own heart bursting with happiness for them all.

For John.

He leapt off the stage and dashed to his Auntie Mini; he had gotten Paul to fly over to the UK specially and bring her here tonight, Paul breaking the news to her carefully and gently in private beforehand.

We played from then on, for hours upon hours. Paul, George and Ringo taking over sometimes on the instruments, relieving the boys and me.

As they played and horsed around we sat on the edge of the stage watching the crowd smile and laugh. Drinks and snacks eaten. We then watched ¾ of the Real Beatle boys play, then eventually, take leave for us to return.

As I sat on the side of the stage next to Abe, John rushed over and planted a kiss on my cheek, lifted my hat to check my injury, then he was away again, lost to the crowd.

Mrs Ex Lennon was here, tagging after him now, trying to latch onto his arm, touching him. He was being nice to her and my heart was mixed up with emotions, fear and hope tussling in my thoughts. If he went back to how it was....I guess I still had a job at the least in his new band.

All my questions could keep for now; This was his night, his life to regain.