Chapter 43

IF YOU GUY(S) COULD READ AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END THAT WOULD BE FANTABULOUS!!!!😘

Liam's POV

I stand at the sidewalk, confusion flooding my mind. I can't seem to erge myself to move, I'm too shocked. But I have no time.

I sprint down the sidewalk, making my way back into the hospital. The second I walk inside two large men plow into me, a small girl thrown over one of there shoulders.

It takes me a matter of seconds to realize who they are, and when I do, I run.

"Hurry up!" One yells to the other. I can see Candie's face flopping up and down as they run. This is definetely not good for her.

I take a glance at my surroundings when I realize we're already in the woods nearby. My feet pound across the dirt as I leap over bushes and rocks.

Minutes later I'm still running, faster than I ever have before. My heart is pounding and I feel as if I'm about to collapse.

BAM. They stop and I fly into them, knocking them both off balance. In a heartbeat I jump up, showing them I'm obviously willing to fight.

Slowly they get off the ground, Candie still laying there unconscious. As I look at her small frame it hits me, her body can't function without all the wires and equipment. So, she-she....

"Candie!"I scream throwing my body to the cold dirt. I cup her face with my palms, feeling her pulses, waiting for a beat.

"It's too late, she's already gone, no use crying over it."he chuckles loudly. I start to shake and a sob escapes my mouth.

"Oh shut it baby, just suck it up and be a mother trucking man."his scratchy voice shouts.

Tears are flowing from my eyes and I can't keep the sobs inside my mouth. I've never felt so broken in so many places, not once have I had to live with this kind of pain.

I wrap my arms around her body, shaking uncomfortably with every sob. "No." I whisper. "You're still here, you're not dead." I squeak into her ear.

"Don't leave me." I sob, I don't give a fudge if they're watching me, I don't care. I hear their footsteps getting quiter but yelling voices get louder.

"Liam!"An Irish accent shouts. "Liam!"3 more different voices shout breathlessly. "Li- Oh no."Niall collapses beside me.

I hear the leaves crunch and hands placed on my shoulder. I,m crying so hard my stomach hurts, so hard I feel like throwing up.

"Come on Liam." My manger says giving me a hand off the ground. I look around at the boys who are all standing with tear drenched faces and sad expressions.

Two paramedics pick up Candie's body off the ground and more tears fall. I lean up against a tree, holding myself up. "Come on Li." The boys come up from behind and help me walk out of the cold woods.

We step into a vehicle and I watch the woods as we drive away. What if I didn't chase Justin? What if I stayed with Candie in the hospital, this wouldn't have happened.

She would've been fine, she would've had a chance, but no, not anymore. "They killed her, no me." I tell myself. The last thing I should do is blame myself, but I can't help but think it is.

"Liam?" Zayn asks softly. I turn my head and look at him, his eyes are puffy and red also. "I just wanted to tell you it's not your fault, most people blame theirselves but it's not your fault, no matter what you think it's not." He says assuringly, but I ignore his words, because in some way, it is my fault.

"Where are we going?"I ask bluntly and quietly. "To her parents house, it's gonna be hard for them and they'll need comforting, okay?" He replies.

I nod my head and shift in my seat, leaning my head against the dark shaded window.

I have no clue how far away their house is, but I'm hoping it's far because I am not ready to be strong yet.

************

"Liam, I understand your hurt, but you have to keep it together in front of them, she was their little girl." Louis says as I sit on the toilet seat in the bathroom.

After the breakdown earlier I came up to the bathroom and Louis followed me up. "I-I know, I just, can't h-help it!"I exclaim burying my face in my hands.

"I know buddy, I know, I'm sorry I'm asking you to do this." he says soothingly. "Let's go downstairs yeah?"he stands up and reaches for my hand.

I nod and stand up without saying a word. We step sown the stairs into the living room, Mr. and Mrs. Stevens are crying still and the boys are just sitting there with no clue what to do.

And of course our manager is on the phone in the kitchen, not a shocker. I make my way to the couch and sit down beside them, they look up for a second and give me a small smile, but it falls into a frown and the crying begins again.

I put a hand on their shoulders and motion for the boys to leave, they quickly catch on and exit the house.

I take a deep breath and look them straight in the eye, a little nervous to talk.

"A while back, when me and Candie were in the woods trying to escape the fire, we ran into a problem. A problem that came with a choice, and I didn't want to choose. I wanted to either stay or take her with me, and she refused to go with me, so I left her. I promised her I'd come back and I did, but it was a little bit too late. The point is I moved on, I didn't stay and live in fear, I left, but I didn't leave forever."

Their heads lift and the tears in their eyes are still heavy, but a small smile spreads across their face.

"Liam, that really means a lot. Thankyou." Mrs.Stevens wraps me in a giant bear hug crying into my shoulder.

I wrap my arms around her also and the tears begin once again.

I've never felt like this before. I don't know how long it will last or how dreadful it will be. All I know is that was the end, and this is the beginning.

Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.~ Norman Cousins.

HAIIII!!!!! So I'm going to change the name because it's sturpid. So if it says directionerforlife00 updated BLAH BLAH BLAH, don't freak out. For 'tis I! Ok ya so I didn't exactly reach my goal on my last chapter but ya know...what eves.... SO PLEASE COMMENT ESPECIALLY SINCE YA KNOW. The death.... btw this is no lie, when I'm write I write my feelings and I was mad so that just kinda happened and I'm sowwy.😔

JESUS LOVES YOU😄😄😄