Chapter 24

I can't stay here. I stayed for far too long. This life is not for me and it will never be. If I ever want to see my family and friends again, I'll have to suck up my feelings and plan something. 

-

"I want you to go on a date with me."

"Excuse me?" The question was out of the blue and after the warning it made me more uncomfortable.

"I'm not asking. I'm just stating that we will be going on a date someday.

-

"Would you like to explain to me why the fuck you were calling Harry in the middle of the fucking night? And I hope for your own good Tomlinson, that you have a good explanation because I am not giving you a second chance."

I'm toast.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Brotherhood means laying down your life for somebody, really willing to sacrifice yourself for somebody else." 

~ Tim Hetherington

Louis's PoV:

"I'm waiting Louis." Zayn repeated himself while I anxiously rubbed my fingers against my arm. 

"Zayn, buddy, you know me." 

"Not that good as it seems." he spat and slowly I started realising the situation I was in. 

"Harry was the one who got me in prison in the first place." I replied quickly. Zayn seemed not to be impressed. I looked to the door on my right and took a deep breath. "Look, I know this seems really bad, and I may seem to you like a traitor, which I'm not.. you just really.. have.. to listen to me... Please." 

Zayn slid his hand in his backpocket and took out his gun. After cocking his gun, he aimed at me and gave me a glare. "You have 2 minutes."

"Yeah, as if a gun can honestly calm at this point." I replied sarcastically. Before Zayn could come near me with his gun, I held u my hands. "Ok! Jeez, alright."

I have to make up time somehow. I really hope someone sobers up and comes to my aid, because I really don't believe I'll survive this tonight.

"You... you know.. there was this girl. Eleanor? Did I ever tell you about Eleanor? Cute smile, brown hair, she's a bit loco but you know how women are. I- anyways, yeah I should probably continue.. she had this brother..? Harry! Yeah, and they were really close." 

Zayn was staring at me, practically diving deep into my soul, trying to find any clue that I am lying. Which I am, but he doesn't know that hopefully. "1 minute."

"And he's done some pretty bad stuff and I owned up for him! That's why I was in prison! I took the blame on me! Zayn you got to believe me! I never tried hurting you! I just want to help and god help me I would never ever do something bad to you." I tried not get emotional but that was getting harder and harder. I did actually tell the truth. I went to prison to help somebody, so I am not particularly lying.

"Louis." Zayn started serious and I couldn't help but think that about Harry that moment. What happens if I don't make it tonight? Will he personally come and find Zayn? "I was there for you when nobody was, I risked my life to come and bail you out of prison even though you know exactly the consequences of what happens when I get caught, and you also know what happens when I have even the slightest doubt that one of my closest friends considers betraying me."