Chapter 20

"You're awake.." I heard a sleepy voice say and I rolled my eyes. "No I'm still sleeping." I replied sarcastic and turned around to face him. I just realised that he was shirtless and I let myself trail over his body. "How long was I sleeping ?" 

He seemed a bit uncomfortable with my question and moved a bit. Waiting for an answer, I crossed my arms and waited till he sighed. "A month."

-

"We have to go. Like right now." 

-

They are on the way. The police are coming. For the first time in a long time I had hope again. Maybe it was time. Maybe tonight my misery will finally end. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A broken bone can heal, but the wound  a word opens can fester forever.

~ Jessamyn West

~

Kate's PoV:

Zayn and Liam were running like crazy, packing and preparing the car while me, Louis and Niall were sitting at the kitchen table waiting for Zayn to tell us. My plan was hoping the police would be here just in time. But as lucky as I am, I have to think for a plan b. Zayn came in the kitchen and motioned with his head to follow him. Louis was in front of me while Niall was being behind me so I could forget the running away. Zayn practically shoved me in the car while he and Liam sat quickly in the front. I looked desperately behind me for any clues of the police but I didn't find any. I sighed and rested my head on the window. Life was unfair. Zayn would probably get away and spread his crimes where else. 

The drive was uncomfortable. I often hit my head on the side because of the speed. The police was nowhere to be seen. As I was thinking about the police something strange came into my mind. How did the police find us ? I mean they could eventually find out about the location sooner unless.. they had someone who told them. But who would betray Zayn and why ? I was sure that I was overthinking the whole case. I concentrated on the road and leaned closer to the boys. 

"So where are we going now ?" I asked bored as Zayn shot me an angry glare. Ass.

"We have to go to another country. Then seek help." Liam kindly answered and Zayn scoffed.

"Yeah tell our victim everything Liam. We can completely trust her." he shot back ironically and I narrowed my eyes. I don't understand how from 'You have to trust me' it became 'We can't trust her'. It was getting on my nerves. Sighing, I leaned back and looked over to Louis who was constantly checking behind us. I raised my eyebrows, trying to make out why exactly he's doing that. We're far from the hiding place, it was impossible to chase us. Why is he so worried ?

"Kate!"

I quickly looked back at Liam who was now very close to me. "Did you even listen ?" 

"Uh.. no, could you repeat that please ?" I smiled sheepishly and he rolled his eyes playfully. "I asked you if you're hungry." At that moment my stomach grumbled and he chuckled. "I take that as a yes. Zayn could you stop there ?" he asked and pointed at a gas station. It was in the middle of nowhere and it looked quite old. 

"Liam I thought you were a bit cleverer. You are forgetting that the whole land is searching for me and her ?" 

"Well.. but we will be really quick and you can stay here while-"