Chapter 23

"Well, do you want to lighten us up and tell us what the hell we're doing in Hartlepool?" Liam started and Zayn scoffed. "Just fucking wait for once, alright? She isn't usually late." She? 

-

"My name's Perrie. I'm an old friend."  

-

"How do you know Zayn?"

"I was his girlfriend." she explained, "And a lot more.." she muttered quietly. I'm not sure if someone else heard it too or if I was the only one. She seemed to become a bit distant again and smiled at us brightly.

"But that's a story for another time." she nervously said and I huffed disappointed.

I'm sure it is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"For there to be betrayal, there would have to have been trust first."

~ Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games

Harry's PoV:

"It's been months, lad. I'm starting to think that you don't actually have the situation under control."

I found my hand wandering at my curls again, anxiously pulling them. He's right. I don't have the situation under control. Louis is not answering the phone anymore, the only clues that we found aren't leaving anywhere and Kate is god knows where. The detectives are getting impatient, but can I blame them? Kate's mum has been going nuts and to be honest, I'm losing it slowly too. 

"Please, officer. I just more time. I know where they are.. sorta.."

"And how are you so sure that your friend is helping you? He is an accomplice of the kidnapping for god's sake!"

"Because I trust him. Louis is not a bad person."

Kate's PoV:

Perrie is actually a really nice person. If you ignore the fact that she is willing to help a wanted man. She even had the heart to give me my own room, not minding Zayn who was throwing his fits at her. 

Laying on my bed, I trailed along my scars on my belly. I'll never forget the day he had just passed me over to these animals, who were abusing me in the worst way possible. And somehow along the way, I found myself forgiving him for what he's done. I don't know if it was because of his past or these brief moments of honest care and interest in me but for what I'm sure is that I can use that to my advantage. 

I can't stay here. I stayed for far too long. This life is not for me and it will never be. If I ever want to see my family and friends again, I'll have to suck up my feelings and plan something. Anything! Or I'll have to pray for a miracle. And maybe Perrie is the miracle that I was waiting for.

.

"Never have I ever made Zayn so angry that he's killed someone." 

"Niall, I don't think your sentences have to be that specific." Perrie chuckled while taking a sip of her beer. Louis had the brilliant idea of playing 'Never have I ever' in the middle of the night. So far every sentence has been somehow related to Zayn and every single time all of us except Zayn had to take a sip. 

"This game sucks." 

"Aw, it only sucks cause you're boring Zayno." Louis teased. 

"Ok, first of all: If you call me that ever again I will personally cut off your balls. Secondly, it is quite difficult to participate in the drinking when all the things are about me." he spat angrily.