Chapter 5

"Wherever you are... get out." she said angrily but I could feel she was afraid.

I grinned and whistled. I heard how she let the vase, which was on her hand, drop.

"Sh-Show yourself." she stuttered as I stepped away from the shelf. She held her breath  and stepped a few steps behind. The only light in the room was the light that was showing from the tv. Her silhouette was in front of the tv and I could see how she trembled.

-

"Our little incident will remain our secret. Or I'll kill you." I threatened as she nodded. Then I left the house and made my way to Liam.

-

I know I shouldn't liked that. I had a boyfriend and he was... bad. Dangerous. A Criminal. The living room was a mess and I had to clean up before mom would come back. As I was cleaning, I was thinking about him. I was sure.. this wasn't the last time I saw him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"He was everything your mother warned you about when she told you not to walk alone in the dark."

~ Nenia Campbell, Armed and Dangerous

~

"And then he kissed me ! Can you believe that !?" she squeaked through the phone.

I was staring on my ceiling, talking to Anna who came back from her date and it was time to hear her story. But I ignored her. My mind was going crazy about the incident before. Brown eyes. Dark hair. Soft pink lips. 

"Kate!" 

"Huh? What?" I asked as I sat up.

"Did you even listen to me?"

"Of course, I listened!"

I heard her sigh deeply. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'm perfectly fine." I said, emphasizing perfectly.

"No. You've changed. You didn't go out for a month. And I'm tired of your shit. So put everything beside you, we'll go out tonight." she demanded as I rolled my eyes.

"I'm sick, I-"

"Save me your excuses. See you later!" she said but before I could say something she hung up. I looked at the clock. It was 02:12 and she want to go out? Maybe he was still outside. I shook my head quickly. Leave my mind. I took a deep breath and grabbed my baggy shirt and my black shorts.

I was waiting for her in the living room, watching tv. It was already 03:00 o' clock but Anna was nowhere. I decided to phone her but she didn't answered. What's wrong with her? She came never late. I started to worry. Should I call the police? I mean, a murderer had threatened me and nearly killed me.

Then his words came into my mind. Our little incident will remain our secret. Or I'll kill you. Shit. I couldn't call the police. I walked around the living room, anxious. I had to do something. She is my best friend. My mother? She wouldn't believe me. The police? That is my last choice. Andrew? He would be sleeping. Harry? Yes, Harry ! He would always come and help me!

I quickly tapped his number and waited for him to answer. 

"Kat, you know what time it is, right?" he answered me with his raspy and sleepy voice.

"Look sorry. But I need your help."

I heard him sat up. "What's wrong?"

"Anna... she said she would come tonight but she didn't come. And she doesn't answer her phone."