Fencing

"Maybe we should just take the bus?"

The five stood at the front of the school dying of boredom, waiting for Joker to pick them up. Finny and Snake were laying on the grass trying to stay awake. Ciel and Sieglinde were playing a game of chess on Ciel's travel size kit, and Doll kept checking her phone "Joker said he'd come, if he doesn't show in ten minutes we're taking the bus."

Silence settled upon them until a low subtle rumble was heard. They all turned to the flushed five year-old. Ciel chuckled "are you hungry?"

"Yes" Sieglinde twiddled her thumbs.

"Ay Lmao! And Joker still ain't here" Doll sat down on the grass next to Finny and laid back.

"I think the gym is still open there's a vending machine there I'm going to buy some chips" Ciel announced "don't cheat" he told Sieglinde. And made his way into campus.

Few students were still around at this time. Almost everyone had gone home save for the sports teams and extra curricular clubs going on. Ciel thought about joining the chess club he was pretty adept at the game or the Shakespeare society he loved reading his plays.

He entered the gym halls and went straight to the vending machines, buying a few drink and bags of chips. Carrying everything in his small hands proved too difficult so he used his school coat as a sort of make shift bag. He was about to leave when the sound of clashing metal stopped him. He knew that sound full well and it peaked his interest. With his 'bag' in hand he opened the doors to the court area of the gymnasium.

Just as he thought it was a fencing team. In awe Ciel watched the two playing fought as if it were an elaborate dance. He loved the sport. It had been a while since he fought when he was a kid he was trained in the art but after the incident he didn't get back into it. 

There near the wall was the equipment that wasn't being used,extra swords and masks his excitement increased and Ciel couldn't help but the play with them. He put on the mask and took a hold of the sword. Getting familiarized with the feel of hilt once again.

He got into fighting stance once arm bent behind his back, perfect posture and the blade upright in front of him. There was a lot of things he used to do in his youth that he'd like to get back into. Fencing was one of them.

"Your form is pretty good"

The voice came from behind him and Ciel jumped. The coach stood behind him a blonde woman no older than thirty, she arms crossed. "You fence?"

Ciel looked down at the sword in his hands and then back at the coach "uh.. yes."

"You any good?"

"Very good" he replied just as fast as he regretted it. He remembered he hadn't practiced in months.

The coach furrowed her eye brows "that sure are you?" He looked back at her team. "Tell you what, show me what you got and if I'm impressed and I won't write you up for playing with the equipment."

Anything to get him out of trouble. Ciel agreed. The coach gestured to the team and he followed. It was at this moment he realized he never took off his mask. Few of the coach's team also had their masks on so he did feel like a total outcast. "Izzy on the mat" said the coach behind him.

"No coach Diaz are you trying to kill him?" One of the players called out.
Diaz shushed the student and guided Ciel on the mat. His opponent stepped up as well they had their mask on as well so Ciel couldn't see their face.