My Brother's keeper, King

~At Night~

With everyone in bed the house was silent enough to hear a pin drop

With everyone in bed the house was silent enough to hear a pin drop. Sebastian sat with Joker at the dining table researching and going through old records they had. For the past three days they attempted to find information on the man that tried to kill him. Who he was? Who he worked for?  Using the pictures Sebastian managed to get after the assassination attempt they noticed a tattoo of two black wings on the back of the man ear, reminiscent of the crest the Angels group once used. Though they weren't sure if he actually was working for the Angels or it was just a coincidence.

At Well past two in the morning, They downed their third cup of coffee and even that wasn't doing much to help, Joker's eye lids began to feel heavy and he could hardly concentrate on his typing. His computer screen became a blur and each word became meaningless string of characters. "Call it a night, Taylor. Go to bed." Sebastian spoke.

The irishman snapped his attention up. It took longer than it should have to register the man words making it clear that protesting was foolish. He needed sleep. Joker stretched out his arms above his head and arched against his chair, nodding in agreement "Alright, night, Black" closing his laptop Joker went upstairs to his bedroom.

Now alone Sebastian continued his work typing away and pulling up various files on Angela Blanc and Ash Landers "Even from beyond the grave you two manage to taunt me" he murmured to himself. He knew they were somehow involved. He tapped his fingertips on the table when he heard the sound of the door opening and the squeaking of a turning wheel. The baby was awake. Another door opened and closed. Sebastian could only assume that Sieglinde had woken up to go to the bathroom. He'd have to check on her in a bit.

The minutes passed, Sebastian looked over to the hallway towards the girls' room and the bathroom 'she's been in there a long time' he thought before standing up from his chair.

The bathroom was empty. Sebastian frowned then went into the girl's room. Upon entering the light of the hallway illuminated the Doll's side of the room. She laid in her bed face down with an arm and a  leg over the edge of the bed. Sebastian peered into the room to find the second bed, Sieglinde's, empty. Her wheelchair missing as well. He went into protective dad mode for a second before realising there was nothing to worry about. The girl was still in the house and was out of danger. Closing the door he walked over to check on Ciel.

Sebastian was careful to open the door as quietly as possible. Just as the light illuminated Doll it shined on the bed and sure enough Ciel was sleeping soundly, Sieglinde curled up next to him. Ciel was resting on his unwounded side, one arm being used as a pillow by Sieglinde and the other arm rested on top of the girl. "How cute" Sebastian hummed. As amusing as the sight might have been, he didn't want Sieglinde to form a habit of waking up in the middle of the night to sleep with someone. He entered and walked to the girl's bedside.

Ciel wasn't in a deep sleep as he would like to be. Any disturbance could wake him up and the annoying, subtle pain that still lingered on his side wasn't making it better. Through his eyelids he could sense the light shining on him. For a moment he ignored it, but the fluttered his eyes open. With his vision as blurry and unadjusted to the light as it was all he saw was a dark, silhouetted figure looming over him and his little sister. The figure reached for Sieglinde and suddenly Ciel was wide awake. He moved back, pulling the girl with him with his arm closest to the pillow and reached for his switchblade, flicked it opened and pointed it at the figure.