Meeting Luke

I sat down next to Daniel and Dylan sat next to me. Alex was talking to Luke's father. We hhad settled down and it seemed like Luke was unconcious and we could see him once he woke up. His father was talking normally but he had bags below his eyes. He was good looking and Luke had got most of his features from him. His mom, on the other hand, was crying and Taylor and Emma were comforting her. I didn't know what her reaction would be if she knew that Emma had broken the heart of her son. The other boys were talking to the doctor. 

Drake sat opposite to me and said, "His condition is not very good. The cancer has affected his body very badly and he is going to go to the operation theater soon."

"His chances.." Christina asked softly. Alex joined us and said, "It is a 70-30 chance. Most probably he will...." His voice broke and we knew, we knew that Luke will most probably die.

I felt my eyes fill with tears and Dylan started patting me again.

"He is consious," the doctor announced. Alex got up and immediately ran into the room. Drake looked doubtfully at me and I held his arm and dragged him and we entered behind the others.

Luke was surrounded by many machines and he looked very weak but happy. Happy at seeing us.

His hair had been cropped short and his eyes were drooping. His cheeks had lost its colour but he was smiling broadly and he said, "I knew the lot of you would come, I knew even if you all didn't, Alex would drag the lot of you here."

Alex chucked softly and shook his head. He sat on the seat next to Luke and held his hand. Luke smiled and said, "Alex are you getting sappy? Don't worry mate, I'll be fine."

Alex smiled and Luke's eyes moved to Taylor who was standing behind Alex and patting his hair. Luke said, "I see...you both at last decided to stop fighting, huh?"

Taylor said, "Alex has been fighting with anyone and everyone after he heard about you. We were seperating him and Drake an hour before."

At the sound of Drake's name, Luke looked at Drake and Emma who were standing apart. Luke smiled sweetly at Emma and said, "How are you doing?"

Emma's eyes started watering and Luke immediately frowned and said, "Please don't tell me my confession is what is doing thsi to you..."

At seeing no objection he sighed and said, "Emma, I know I love you but I know you love Drake. So I am fine with you since I want you happy. He will make you happy, so be with him. It is fine if you stand a little closer to him, I don't think he bites. Unless you both are doing..you know what..."

Alex was openly gaping at him and Drake was looking surprised. Emma was still silently crying and the others were quiet. I took the seat next to Alex and smiled at Luke. Luke smiled back and said, "You look as beautiful as always."

I smiled and said, "I know. You don't look that good but."

"Cancer tends to have that effect," he replied. Seeing my sullen expression he smiled and said, "Is my strong girl becoming like this? Calm down and be strong. I have done what I have to and I am happy. You all have accepted each other, just talk a little more and understand each other. I know there are still some unsaid things.."

I nodded and kissed his forehead and he kissed my cheek. I heard a quiet growl and I shook my head and walked past Emma who went to sit next to Luke. Daniel looked amused at Dylan while he was pouting at me. I smacked his head and siad, "Get me out of here before I burst into tears.."

He nodded and said, 'I know the perfect distraction."

................................................

Emma's pov

I saw Ashley and Dylan go outside. I was not interested in what they were going to do. Everyone else talked to Luke, I remained silent and I saw everyone leave the room. From the corner of my eye, I saw Daniel and Liam pulling a protesting Drake out of the room. In the end, I was the only one remaining with Luke.

Luke looked at me and smiled reassuringly at me. I was hit with memmories of how he would hold me when I cried when Drake was with some other girl, which was a lot of times. Luke said, "Em....if I knew how much this would affect you, I would never have told you."

I looked sadly at him and said, "You held me while I cried. You were the only one who saw me like that other than my friends, the only guy. And all that time...."

Luke said, "Emma, I was happy to help you out. I knew I never had a chance. Besides you need Drake. He is who you need and not me, I understand that."

"What if you don't make it?" I whispered.

He replied, "If I don't, then you need to get on with your life with Drake. Name your first kid after me."

I chuckled and kissed his forehead like Ash. I am usually not this forward like Ash, but Luke was family.

"If I die, I want you to be the last thing I see, Em..." Luke said before closing his eyes. I choked my sobs and ran outside. 

Luke had to live, he just had to. Drake held me as I cried. I saw the doctors enter the theater and I knew Luke was unconcious and they were stating the operation.