The trip 12

• Opgedragen aan Dhakshika

The next morning, I woke up to see Dylan snoring slightly. I smiled and pecked his lips and got up. I saw Dan and Christina were still under the blanket. To my surprise, even Liam had gone under with them. Vioet was sleeping peacefull and her hand was in Dan's blanket.

Even though Liam rolled to another territory, he still held Violet's hand....how sweet.

Next to them Alex was almost on top of Taylor and Taylor didn't look like she was protesting. And she pretended like she didn't like him last night......who was she trying to fool?

On the other side of Dylan, Drake was sleeping. His hands and legs were spread and he looked like a starfish. Emma and Luke were missing.

I immediately got scared...where were they? I looked around to see that everyone's baggage was there except Luke's. Maybe he had left early and Emma went to see him off.

I stood up after struggling to escape from Dylan's grasp. After I got up, Dylan didn't seem dissappointed as he rolled over to Drake and hugged him. Drake would be mortified when he got up.

I walked towards the washroom and heard the sounds of sobs. i ran quickly and saw a figure sitting on the ground and sobbing. I walked towards the person and realized it was Emma......what had happened?

I quickly got down on my knees and hugged her and she started crying on my shoulders. I started panicking, as far as I saw, Drake was happily sleeping with Dylan. Then Luke was only remaining.

"What happened love? You know you can tell me anything, right?" I whispered to her. Even though I was the worst at comforting, I always got stuck doing it.

She started sniffing and without a word pushed a piece of paper towards me.

I looked at it and realized it was a letter. I smirked and said, "Love, you do know that I am alergic to letters after I sent one to Liam, right?"

"It is not the time for joking. Joking will be the last thingyou feel like doing after you read that letter," she said.

"Is it from Luke?" I asked cautiously. For some reason, I was afraid of what was written in it. She nodded and motioned for me to read it.

I smoothened the letter and started reading.

Dear Emma,

if you are reading this letter, I assume that I have already left. I have a feeling that we might never meet again and I wish that I could change it. Emma.....when I started doing this....this game, I thought things would be normal. As you know I did it for Alex. I came to know about you and everyone else and I became happy. I know I promised Ashley that I would never like you in a romantic way...but when I came to now you better, I started liking you also. I knew you only had feelings for Drake but I couldn't control it. When we kissed, it was the happiest memory of my life. For those few seconds, I convinced myself to believe that it was me who you liked, not Drake. But of course, everything went back to normal when you started telling how Drake was jealous and our mission was accomplished.

I didn't have the guts to tell you on your face, thatis why I wrote this letter. I saw you yesterday with Drake and I knew that you guys will work out. That you guys were meant to be and I was just an outsider in the entire picture. I was hurt at first but just because I love you, didn't mean I wanted to pull you from Drake.

Now on to a completely different subject. I know that among all of you I was closest to Alex, you and Ash. The last week, it was mostly you. I am sure you would have noticed that something was off me. How I was late for the trip and couldn't come with you all, I should have told you all later but now I think it is the time. I am so sorry, I have lung cancer.

I know you will be shocked and none of my friends know it, including Alex. I wanted to make him happy before I pass away...but then I met you. You gave me hope in life. I started having a reason to fight my disease. But I was too deep in it. I had dreeams of us getting together, you loving me but I know it won't happen now. The selfish part of me wanted you to forget Drake and be mine, but the rational part said that you were meant to be with him. Because if you fell for me, you will get hurt when I die.

I am really sorry.....I wish I could change it. I know you are crying now. But, you have to know, you made my last few days worth living. I enjoyed being with you and I hope you would never forget me even after you get together with Drake.

Alex...mate, I am so sorry for not telling you but I didn't want to burden you. You were my best mate and I will really miss you. Be sweet and nice with Taylor and you both can be together. Taylor, give him a chance, I promise you, you won't regret it.

Ashley...where do I start? You are my best sister....my best friend. I love you and I am very happy for you. Do help the other move on, help Emma and Alex. Be strong for them, for me. And I hope you will get together with Dylan. Dylan, I know you never particularly liked me, but take care of Ash. She deserves it.

Dan....thanks for giving me Emma. At least for this long....I am happy, very happy. I love you and be happy with Christina. Christina, I hope both of you will always love each other like how you do now. Dan, for me, kick the guys' but if they treat the girls badly, won't you?

Violet, I am happy you have at last been accepted by the girls and be as you are. You are perfect, never doubt yourself. And Liam....mate, I know you have gone through so much, but even though you hurt many people and were hurt, I will eternally be thankful to you. It is because of you, I got new friends, found new people, made my life happier. Take care of Vio and be a good friend for the others.

And of course you, Drake. I know "dislike" will be an understatement for your feelings for me. I only tried to help you and Emma be together, and I am sorry for falling for her. But I hope you two will be together always and take care of her. She loves you, love her back like that. Make her happy, give her back what I couldn't give. Have a happy life.

I am again sorry and I hope all of you are not very affected by the letter. Please move on with your lives, especially you Alex....I know you all have your significant other. So suck up your pride and be with them. Ash, congrats on your new relationship and do help the others. Always know I will be watching you all from heaven and I love all of you.

Always yours 

Luke.