Back to school

As I entered the bus, I looked at Liam and realized that he was not looking at me. So, at last he learnt to control his staring.

The bus trip was uneventful but my thoughts were very busy. As I gazed out of the window, I wondered how school would be, how Violet was with our problem. But majority of my thoughts were on Dylan. I groaned deeply which caused my brother to look at me inquiringly. I put my head in my arms and pretended to sleep. I tried to cut out all the other talks and concentrated on the boys’ talk.

“What are you doing here, go and sit there with your future.”

My head shot out of my arms, they hadn’t just said that had they?

But obviously they had. I remembered that on one of the exam days a similar incident had occurred.

I tried to concentrate on my math notes and not get distracted by the boys’ talk. There was only Liam and Jason and currently they were talking to a 3rd grader.

“What do you mean by a crush?,” asked the 3rd grader.

Jason smirked at Liam but I really couldn’t see Liam’s expression. Jason turned a little towards me and said, “See that girl over there?”, and while pointing at me, “That is his crush.” He pointed at Liam.

I was beyond mortified. What the hell did that fool think he was telling and why the hell didn’t Liam object? I really didn’t need an answer to that question.

I blushed deeply and continued to study, pretending like nothing out of normal had happened.

This was really getting out of hand. Not only did they get the concept completely wrong but I was scared that I was misleading Liam. Great, Violet is going to murder me.

As I got out of the bus, my gaze fell upon the angel himself. Can a person become even more perfect? But I was brought out of my gaze by Taylor’s voice

“ASHLEEEEEEEYYYY!!!”

I turned abruptly and was hit by an abnormally fast thing.

“Oh god I missed you!”, she exclaimed. I chuckled as I hugged her back. “If you are like this Violet and Emma are going to knock the wind out of me.”

We both shared a laugh as we walked.

“Our class teacher is going to be Jenny maam”, I said.

“How did you know,” asked Taylor.

“Violet told me. She had gone to school yesterday.”, I replied.

None of us were supposed to go to school yesterday but Violet being the fool that she was went.

“She is a very big blondie.”, told Taylor.

“Don’t you dare tell that,” I said mock angrily.

Dylan was normally considered as a blond. We reached this conclusion because of what happened last year during the dance.

“Ma’am, we need masks for the future dance. There are not enough here.”

I turned and saw the greek god looking at our dance teacher. He was a part of the boys’ dance troup. Drake, who was next to him, also nodded. I turned and saw Emma looking at him with a idiotic expression on her face. Did I really look like that when I looked at Dylan? 

“Yes, Dylan go to Rao sir and get the masks which you need,” replied Victoria maam, our dance teacher.

Dylan skipped past the girls who were sitting on the floor. I was right next to the door and I moved my legs as he went. Suddenly the door opened and it just missed my head by some millimeters.

“Sorry,” he said while smiling slightly. Then he turned to Victoria maam and asked, “Maam, the football sir or the art sir?”

We all looked disbelievingly at him while he looked innocently at ma’am.

“The art sir, you idiot. Have you seen footballers wearing a mask,”asked Drake with a smile on his face.

“Oh, sorry.”, he said and he closed the door.

“What a blond,” Drake said while shaking his head as the others burst into laughter.

“Yeah, a very big blond,”agreed Emma next to me.

I looked at her and said, “Yes a blond, my blond.”

I smiled as I recalled the memory. All the people around us turned to look at us, even the object of my affections. Taylor smiled at them while I gazed into his eyes. Taylor noticed my line of vision and dragged me to class.

“God, sometimes you are worse than Violet,” she said. I looked at her. Great, I made her angry and the year hadn’t even started yet.

*****************************************************************

I yawned and looked around. The class had started and Jenny ma’am was introducing herself. Only the introduction seemed like some sort of threat given to the criminals in the jail.

I caught Emma’s eye and winked at her. She winked back at me which caused the two of us to giggle. Taylor who was sitting right next to me shook her head disapprovingly but there was a hint of a smile on her lips. Violet as usual was oblivious to what was happening.

I turned my attention to Jenny ma’am. She looked like a villain from the hindi movies with her legs crossed and elbow on the table. She was very intimidating.

The bell rang and I couldn’t help but notice that everyone gave a sigh of relief. I looked up and saw that Jenny ma’am had brushed off and literally flew out of the class like a bat. That lady reminds me of Professor Snape in Harry Potter except that she is worse.

I turned back to my friends and caught Taylor’s eye. Yes, she had been thinking exactly the same thing.

..........................................