A trip to paradise

The pics are of Dylan

It was our lunch break and we were all relaxing. I was sitting on my seat with my legs over my table. Taylor was sitting next to me with her laptop in front of her. She looked at my position, rolled her eyes and continued what she was doing. Emma was practically lying on the window sill playing Temple Run. Violet had disappeared.

“Nothing is happening and I’m bored,” I said.

Emma looked shocked and Taylor rolled her eyes. Her eyes were going to remain like that if she kept doing that. “Ash, you are always bored.”

“But nothing is happening.” I whined.

“Now I have a very bad feeling,” Emma said looking doubtfully at me.

“GUYS,” Violet burst into the classroom. The other girls looked up wondering who the crazy person was, but once they saw Violet, they lowered their heads understandingly.

“You know what, you know what,” Violet continued while bouncing up and down, “ all the people who were there in the Italian assembly get to go somewhere together.”

“So what?” Emma and I said and we lowered our heads. But soon understanding flooded through me, ”Wait, are the guys coming?”

Violet nodded happily. “HURRAY!” Emma and I started dancing around our seat. Taylor looked disbelievingly at us, shook her head and muttered, ”Fools.”

“But Liam is not coming,” Violet said sadly.

“That is part of the reason why I am so happy,” I said loud enough for Emma and Taylor to hear.

“This is going to be awesome,” Emma said.                                                                    

“My head is aching,” Taylor said as she leaned against the wall of the class.

******************************************************************

Today was the day when we were going to the place whose name I was not bothered about. Half the class was going. 

The line started moving and we soon reached the basketball court from where we would be dispersed. Emma entered first and noting the overjoyed expression on her face she had found who she was looking for. I went next and looked in the direction she was looking at. I found Dylan laughing at something Drake had said. He was not that difficult to find as his head was a couple of inches above the others’.

Taylor and Violet followed and we stood in our line. The headmaster started talking some rubbish about how we are representing the school- I couldn’t care less about it.

Soon we were dispersed. The 10th and 9th grade girls entered one bus and the boys, another. The other people, I couldn’t care less.

After 5 minutes, we reached the place. The place held no appeal for me but the person who just left the bus in front of the place held all my appeal. It seemed that Emma had my same opinion as she looked uninterested at the museum (I think it is), and then looked happily at the boys. Taylor and Violet looked at the museum with rapt interest and attention.

We entered the museum and started roaming. We started going around in circles. Even Taylor left the act of the place being interesting.

We went through one passage and took a photo with our classmates. Then we continued roaming. In between, the boys would pass by us and we would go still. 

In the end, Taylor got angry with our staring and left, she loved leaving us like that. We remained outside looking at the guys leaning on the glass. Suddenly someone knocked the glass and we went still.

We turned and saw the face of our beloved friend.”Come here,” she mouthed to us.

We went inside passing the boys. I smiled as I saw her and asked, “Missed us?”

“Hmmmp…” she said,” I called you guys because I’m certain that I heard the boys talking about you all.”

“Really,” Emma asked.

“I don’t think so,” I dismissed the topic but I couldn’t get that out of my mind. Was that possible?

We continued roaming. I turned and smirked at the sight in front of me. I tapped Emma on the shoulder and pointed at the sight. Emma’s expression turned from peaceful to angry to sad to depressed in a matter of seconds- Drake was taking a photo of him and our classmates.

But then Dylan took his place and took a photo. Hurt was the first emotion that passed through me. I turned swiftly and closed my eyes tightly. No I would not be affected by this. But my body betrayed me as a tear rolled down my cheek. Emma turned to tease me but she stopped when she saw the look on my face. “Fine, let’s not think of them and enjoy the trip.” I said and walked away. The rest of the trip was uneventful as we started talking. I cooled down quickly and was thankful to have such lovely friends.