Impressions XXXV

"Please Melanie, just give me another chance,"

"I-I have to think about it August," He shakes his head. I just get up and rush out, Hes tripping.

Aaliyah: wya?

-omw to the shop why?

Aaliyah: bcuz im out here in cali!

Wait, PAUSE. Aaliyah is my best friend, she went away for college. Then she decided to stay out there. I call her asap.

"He-,"

"Where you at?," I cut her off.

"At moms,"

"Alright im on my way,"

**

I pull up and see Brielle's car, I smile and park. She runs outside and I get out and run to her. REUNITED AND IT FEELS SO GOOD! We are so happy we have tears of joy.

"I missed you so much baby girl," I say into her shoulder.

"I missed you too," She squeezes me even tighter. I draw back and wipe her running eyeliner.

"We have a lot to talk about,"

"A lot," We laugh and scream. We hug each other again. After our emotional hour, she told me about her love life and life in Hawaii. "It was peaceful you know, getting away from everyone and everything," I nod. "Enough about me, how are you," We eat the water melon with our spoon.

"Fine I guess. I have a daughter,"

"Aww Im an aunty," I smile.

"Yeah, her name is India Mikayla Alsina,"

"As in the daughter of August Alsina," I nod slowly, she screams. "The one from elementary  Where is he?,"

"With India, we were married,"

"Where and when the fuck did this shit happen! You never call people," She nudges me.

"Well you got a new phone so," She screams again. "Chill with all of that Bri, "

"Okay okay, so whos in your life now hm?," I bite my lip.

"Nick Young?,"

"The Nick Young?," I nod again, "Lawd, okay okay. Don't he have a game,"

"Oh shit," I get up. "I got a hair appointment and I have to get dressed," I grab my keys.

"Wait I wanna come," We rush to my car.

***

I look in the mirror at my dark brownish hair and black roots. Like how Rihanna had hers in 2013.

"Girl you look bomb," I smile.

"We look bomb," 

"We do," She snaps a few pictures and we head out. The ride there was loud, funny, and active. I see Nick walk in with his suit, I stand there and smile. He turns his head back and notices me.

"Come on," I drag her to the arena and walk to our seats. Front row, we have our popcorn and drinks in the other hand.

"Damn look at them basketball wives," Bri says looking up.

"I know,"

"Why aren't we up there?,

"They seem snotty," I turn back to the game. She laughs and we starts talking way off topic.

"Isnt that August?," she asks me, I look up. "Oh whos the pretty young lady?,"

"Hes so full of shit," I shake my head, don't start tearing up.

"Its Jhene Aiko," Ayy! "Some competiotion you got there,"

"Competition? That's between Stori," Not really.

"Okay, whatever you say," Throughtout the game we cheered and laughed. It was fun meeting up with her again. Im glad she came down here. "Look its Nick,"

"I see," I smile at him, looking at the sweat trickle down his arms. Intensifying his muscles, I bit my lip.

"Its halftime folks!," The announcer yells into the speaker. We clap and cheer and they walk by, Nick looks at me. He smirks and walks to the locker room.

Mom: india will not stop crying

-okay after the game I will come and get her

I shake my head and lock my phone, August's day and hes out. With Jhene? Wow, she is pretty. I flip my hair off my shoulder. Why am I getting jealous, I let him go. I curl my lips and look over at Bri, all up in her phone. I scna back over the stands and see August front row on the opposite side, sharing popcorn with Jhene, laughing. Makes me go back to out honeymoon. Why did I start fucking with Nick? Why did Iet him go? I mean there is nothing wrong with Nick, just. My heart still belongs to August. Things Nick and I did, didn't have nothing on what I did with August. Melanie you are a dumb ass.

"Melanie come on," How long was I staring? Daydreaming thinking? "Fourth quarter ended early," I look at her crazy and get up. "Plus I wanna see some bomb ass basketball players," I lead her to the locker room and knock on the door. Nick is tossing on his shirt and talking.

"Damn Melanie," One of his teammates said.

"Im sorry, I knocked," I smile and walk over to Nick. "You did so good out there baby" I peck his lips. Turning into something else.

"Thank you," Brielle pretends to cough.

"Oh this is my best friend Brielle everybody," She waves and makes friends hella quick. I think its her dress.

"Mmm gimme another kiss," Nick says licking his lips.

"No Nick," I turn my head and he pecks my cheek over and over. I grab her mouth and cover it laughing.

"Stop being stubborn baby," I give anyway and move my hand. He kisses me again, I smile and kiss him back. "Still got my kiss though, "I laugh and move away from him.

"Okay get dressed so we can go," I sit down and pull out my phone.

"Alright alright,"

"I have to go pick up India up tonight babe, I'll just meet you at the house,"

"Aint he -,"

"Hes was here at the game," he shakes his head. "Okay see everybody later! ,"

"Bye!,"

**

"Hello!," I mess with India. She squirms and reaches out for my face. I cringe my face as she tries to grab my hair.

"How you been Brielle?," My mom asks her.

"Great and you?," I pick India up and we are in our own little world. India grabs a chunk of my hair and swings it around.  Soon pulling on it.

"Ouch India thats hurts," She stops then pulls me hair again.

"Okay come on," I hand her over to Brielle.

"Hey bombness," Brielle says laying with her.

"Momma, you like my hair?,"

"Nope,"

"Why not?," I ask confused.

"Because it isnt you. Nothing about you right now is you," I sit down for this one. "Ever since you got with that knuckle headed boy you changed. Dont call nobody-,"

"Amen to that!," Bri says.

"When you with August, I see yall on tha swing sets out back. Him pushing you and you yelling higher August higher," I smile. "Now it seems like all of that is long gone. No matter what you guys will always be August and Melanie. Not Melanie and August. Or Melanie and Nick or vice versa.  Always and forever August and Melanie,"