Impressions XXVIII

"Look," I say look at the fish in the aquarium. 

"Looks like you," He says, I nudge him and laugh. He laughs and stands next to me, really close. I turn my phone back on, 32 missed calls, 36 text messages from August.  Damn. 

August: Melanie I swear if your out with some other dude. You getting it, how shady is that? You got me worrying about you over here knowing I cant do shit to find you. So if you are out with Nick tell his ass im looking for him or whoever. You mine not his. Just looks down at the huge rock on your finger that I spent a fortune on. Not him me, so if I find out you out with him. Just wait on it.

Damn, I know it sounds weird but when guys get attitudes like that it turns me on.

"Come on,"

"Nick I-I uh need some rest," I say.

"Oh yeah forgot, come on," He grabs my hand and leads me to the car. The whole car ride, I listen to Nick. We talk and talk, but I keep thinking of that text.

"Thanks," I say getting out.

"No problem," He closes the door behind me. I rub my belly and feel India kick. "I'll call you later to check on you,"

"Thanks alot," I hug hin goodbye.

"Anytime, I'll see you later,"

"Bye," He smiles and walks away. I walk in and call August. The first ring he answers.

"H-,"

"Where were you Melanie?," He cuts me off.

"A hello would be nice,"

"Dont start with me Melanie, Im already pissed at you," I sit down for this one. "So im going to ask you again.  Where were you?,"

"Out for lunch,"

"With who? And dont lie,"

"Nick,"

"What the fuck you doing out with him?," Here we go.

"We just went for lunch and he was taking me out of the house. So I wont be so lonely and bored,"

"Melanie what you fail to understand is that for one your married. Yeah remember me. August. Second, you are pregnant.  You cant go for a damn skipping down the yellow road!," He raises his voice.

"Calm down, its not like we did anythibg. And I know Im married, happily. I know Im pregnant with your child. Yes I understand,  doesnt mean I have to cut my life off August,"

"Melanie Im not saying that. What Im saying is, you need to stop thotting around, "

"Thotting?! Im thotting around?! August I didnt do shit with Nick!,"

"You have no fucking reason to be loud. You are on some shit, or just the hormones.  Because first you want to go to Phoenix with him now this shit.  Thot,"

"Wow, really. Your calling your wife a thot,"

"Welp, cats out the bag," a/n lmaoo! Im dead. 

"August really?!,"

"Yeah, you wanna hang out with dudes right might as well fuck them,"

"Fine, since Im such a thot. I should go back to the corner you found me from right?!," He sighs, I hang up in his face.  A thot? Wow, okay.

**the next morning**

Last night was just stressful. I was frustrated and angry. And pissed. And mad. And frustrated.  Lost, confused. Everything escalated so quickly. I just want to wrap my arms around his neck,  Im so mad. But knowing me,  he'll show up and I will see his handsomeness. Fall for it bullshit and we will be back in each other's arm. Is this what a marriage goes through? then Im not so positive about it.

"Hey India," I rub my belly and turn to my side. I take a quick shower and put ob my sports bra and my athletic leggings.  Give her some air. I toss my hair up and make myself a healthy breakfast. August hasnt called, texted. Nothing. I check my calendar, interview with Wendy today. Shit I forgot. I sigh and sip on my orange juice. About an hour later I get ready for my interview and leave.

*

"Melanie!," Wendy yells. "Hey darling," I smile.

"Hi," I smile.

"Your getting so big," She never seen me pregnant. 

"Thanks,"

"Well I'll let you go get dressed and what not, " I smile and walk into the dressing room. I look at the outfit they had for me. I toss on thr gray shirt, which fit perfectly.  I put on the peach blazer and the black leggings. I put on the black Toms to match and wait for the stylists to arrive. As they do my hair and makeup I text August. My thumbs linger aroubd the keypad.

-August we need to talk

I send it anxiously,  and wait for a reply.

"Melanie your on," The producer says walking in.

"Okay thank you," I reach for the stylist hand to help me up.  "Thanks," I walk out and backstage.

August: yeah

I lock my phone and pay attention to the show and wait for my que.

"Lets bring out the newlywed," please dont say that.  "And hottest pregnant women there is, of course besides me. Melanie Alsina!," I put a fake smile on my face and walk out. I hug Wendy, like we bestfriends.

"Hi," I wave to the audience.

"Hey darling how have you been?,"

"I've been good," Lies. "How about you?,"

"Oh I have been great, hows the baby?,"

"Shes fine," I rub my tummy.

"Oh so its a girl?,"

"Not really, well August and I dont want to know the gender, "

"Aww how sweet, any baby names?," Damn noisy.

"For a girl India Kameron Alsina. And for a boy either August Jr," I laugh at August's idea. "Or Jordan