Impressions V

"Hi Ms. Rodriguez, "

"Hello," I sit down in the doctors office.

"I do have your test results," I sigh. "You are definitely pregnant,"

"But Im not nauseous our anything,"

"Well isnt that a good thing, and it probably means you have a girl," I smile. "And its normal, so you might not feel these symptoms for about a week," I nod.

"Thanks," I put my hand to my belly. "Wow,"

**

"Hey baby," I say walking in with groceries.

"Hey where were you?, " he asks me kissing my cheek.

"I was obviously at the grocery store," He grabs the bags.

"Where all the munchies at?,"

"I was just thinking maybe we should start eating healthy," I start putting the groceries away.

"50 things to do when pregnant?," he questions picking up the magazine. "Mel-,"

"No, I just like it because Jennifer Anniston, " he nods.

"okay," he gives me a suspicious look. "Baby Im going on tour next week,"

"Why are you just not telling me this," I hand August the can so he can put it on the top shelf.

"Im not, Im telling you a week ahead," I curl my lips at him. "What you  making babe?," he stands behind me resting his hands on the counter.

"Spaghetti, " I start boiling the noodles.

"Aww my baby is cooking for me," I laugh.

"When you gonna cook for me?,"

"I got you next week,"

"Wow you wont even be here," we laugh.

"I got you though," He turns on the radio to my favorite song At Your Best by Aaliyah.

" When I feel what I feel. Sometimes it's hard to tell you so. You may not be in the mood to learn what you think you know," I smile as August starts to sing.

"August really," He sings over as  I grabs my hand and leads me over to couch.

" There are times when I find. You want to keep yourself from me. When I don't have the strength, I'm just a mirror of what I see," I smile as his sweet beautiful voice. "I love you baby, no matter what," He says embracing me.

"No matter what?," I wrap my arms around him and rest my head on his shoulder.

"No matter what," he plants a kiss on my shoulder. This would be perfect to tell him. No, tell him later.

"August I have to tell you something, " I draw back and look into his eyes.

"Yeah?,"

"Im pregnant," I expected him to get pissed then confused. But no. He was happy and excited and a little confused.

"How did this happen?,"

"You put that in me," he laughs.

"But do you think we are ready? I mean,"

"August Im positive,"

"Melanie I love you so much but I dont think we are ready for that next step,"

"August we have been dating for damn near 5 years. Your not ready? im having this baby with or without you,"

"No no, Melanie Im happy but Im not ready," he sits down on the stool.

"August babe," I stand in between his legs and wrap my arms around his neck. "This might be the unf we need in our relationship. I mean God gave us this baby for a reason babe,"

"Your right, I just need some time okay,"

"Alright but can you finish singing to me?," I smile.

****

"I love you so much," August says.

"I love you too," I run my fingers through his curls. He smiles and comes down to kiss me.

"DING DONG!," I  sigh.

"Shh," He pulls the covers over us.

"DING DONG!,"

"August," I slide from under him and toss on his shirt and panties.

"DING DONG!,"

"Im coming!," August follows me, I open the door.

"Thought yall was upstairs do-," His mother looks at us up and down.

"Now I told yall about this sex beforr marriage shit,"

"Damn ma, we was just relaxing, "

"Who you talking to like that?," She curls her lips and walks into the kitchen.

"Yeah," I mock her and he laughs.

"I just came by to say hello and I got a little lonely," I look at August. Dont do it, he mouths to me.

"Your free to stay Ms. Alsina, it would be fine,"

"Oh I dont want to do that, yall need your privacy, " She says drinking apple juice.

"Y-,"

"But I'd love too," I smile.

"Great I'll got get your bed ready," I walk upstairs.

"Why?," August closes the door behind us.

"August it'd your mom,"

"I know and I love her, but I want some alone to with my ba-by," he takes a pause in baby. He grabs my hand and pulls me into him.

"August," I giggle as he kisses my neck, playing around.

"Alright na," She walks into the room. "Thank you so much Melanie,"

"No problem, we'll be in the other room," I grab August's hand and drag him to the room with me.

"Alone time?," I giggle as he picks me up.

"August," Every time he picks me up major tu-.

"August! august Honey! Wheres the bathroom? ," She yells. 

"To the left!,"

"Thank ya!," He looks back at me. "Oh darn out of toilet paper,"

"August lets post pone tonight," He sets me down.

"No babe, come back here, do I need to sing to you again? ,"

"No," I giggle. "Lets just call it a night," I climb under the covers. He sucks his teeth and lays down next to me.

"Goodnight," He kisses me goodnight.

"Night,"

eh.