Impressions IV

"August hurry your ass up," I yell at him.

"We gon' make it on time,"

"August really I dont want the bad seats," I hurry August up for church.

"Alright how I look?,"

"Like a superstar you are, now come on," I drag him to church.

*

"Mmm," My mom says standing there.

"Hi mom," I hug her, standing next to August's mother.

"Your late," I look back at August.

"I know, sorry,"

"But you lucky I saved you a seat," His mom says. They are both ushers of the church. "Now go on," We walk in there hand in hand.

"Now yall know Valentine's Day is coming," The preacher says. I sit down and listen. "All you young couples think Valentine's Day is the only day to express your love for each other. Well its shouldnt be, everyday you should wake up and say Goodmorning baby I love you," I smile, because August does have of that. Goodmorning. "Matter fact say it to your partner or neighbor, "

"Goodmorning baby I love you," We say looking at each other.

"And some people like to express your feelings differently, " August rests his hand ontop of mine. "Some like to have sex, skip dinner and jump right into sex," We all laugh. "And other like to take to appreciate their partner. Such as taking them out to dinner, getting to know more than you already know about each other," I look at August. "Now, I want you to think about the last time you went out to dinner with your partner," We both look at each other. "Now think how many times you guys said I love you," We look at each other again. "Now think about how many times you'll had sex," everybody laughs. "Im sorry to use that word but yall dont know the true, deep meaning of love. Love is more than sex. Love is ttell I tell I your partner how much you love them. How much you cherish them. Love is friendship, loyalty and honesty," I nod my head.

"Amen," the church says. I look down at my promise ring. I do love him. Is he honesty to me? Eh. Is he like a friend Yeah. Is he loyal? Eh. But I do love him. Not just for his looks, Lord knows he is fine. But for who he is as a person. I smile and lock our fingers together and rest my head on his shoulder.

****

"Your food," The waiter says setting our food infront of us.

"That sermon was good," August says.

"It was, showed me alot," I eat my Alfredo. "No more sex for you,"

"Wait hol up,"I laugh. "He said that we should basically know the true meaning of love. And see if we really love each other before we have sex," I nod. "And Im positive I love you," I laugh.

"Do I really love you?,"

"Oh Really its like that?,"

"Nah Im just playing baby," He gives me the -.- face. "Love you,"

"I love you too," The whole brunch we talk laugh. Enjoy ourselves. We make our way back to the house.

"Ew," I laugh as August and I post up in the house watching TV. "Ugh I hate when you do that," He laughs and flips through the channels. "Oh this is my show !," I snatch the remote. I know August likes this show too, he always be into it like me.

"Mhmm, I told his ass," August pretend to pat his make believe weave. I laugh and continue to watch the show. Halfway through the show August wants to start messing with me.

"What do you want August?," I ask him as he kisses my leg.

"Do you love this show more than me?," He asks me.

"You already know, the show," -.-. "Im just playing,"

"Melanie you getting me curious,"

"Well stop because I will never stop loving you," I kiss him.

"Aww, she loves me," I laugh as he climbs ontop of me. "I love you too babe," he kisses me.

**

"August!," I yell from the room.

"What?," He rushes in.

"Do I look fat to you?," I ask him looking in the mirror.

"No, you look perfect," I turn to the side and seem bigger. "Ugh," I rub my belly. "Nevermind come lets go get some food,"

"Melanie you just ate, "

"So you do think Im fat?!,"

"Whoa? What?,"

"Just admit it," I say. " Your dating a fat ass,"

"You do have one but you are not a fat ass," I groan in disgust. "Im serious. Look how beautiful you are, no matter the size," I look down at my jeans.

"They dont fit, I am fat!," I storm into the bathroom. I step onto the scale, same size. Then what's the problem? Shit, I grab my calendar. Missed my period by 5 days. Oh boy, I dig through the cabinets.

"Melanie come out, your not fat!," I ignore him and find a pregnancy test all the way in the back of the cabinet. "Mel?," After I finish I wait 5-10 minutes. "Melanie!,"

"August Im fine, damn," I pray to God Im not pregnant. I being a mom isnt a bad thing but, no. Not yet. I look down at the smiley face. I pick up the stick and shake it to make sure. Nope, :). Thats all that's there. I stuff the pregnancy stick in my 'lady' cabinet. I open the door and walk past August.

"You good?,"

"Yeah, " I smile. Im not going to tell him until Im 100% positive.