"I do. I'm sitting with my guide." I told Melissa.

"Oh, well, who is it?" she asked curiously.

"Riley from class." I answered.

"Riley?! Riley Briggs?" said Melissa surprised.

"Yeh, why? What's wrong with that?" I said.

"She's like highschool royalty, that's what!" she said. "How did she end up being your guide? She's not on the welcoming committee..."

"They were out of members, so Mrs. Nelson assigned her, more like forced her, to be my guide."

"I see, so you're sitting with her during lunch?" said Melissa hoping for a 'NO'.

"I sort of promissed her I would. Another time maybe?" I asked regretting my question.

"Sure!" answered Melissa and walked away.

I thought about our conversation on my way to the cafeteria. Was I being a jerk? Did she hate me? I was just being honest, I don't see why she would hold that against me...

I openned the cafeteria doors, and it was just as Riley had described it: a jungle.

Some students were playing with the food and pelting it at each other. Others weren't even eating, they were just talking and laughing. One group of students was actually playing music! What was this place?!

There were teachers around, but they just seemed to not care about what happens under their supervision.

In the midst of all the chaos, I saw Melissa sitting with a red-head, lost in heated discussion. It reminded me of the red-geaded lady I had seen on the airplane.

On the other side of the cafeteria, I saw a group of cheerleaders, surrounded by what appeared to be the entire football team. She was there, right in the middle.

I took a deep breath and walked over to her table. She saw me coming and said something to all the people around her.

"What's she telling them?" I thought to myself.

For a second there, I thought she was heading my way, but instead, she got up and walked out of the cafeteria, and away from me. I put my lunch tray on the nearest table and hastily followed her. It was easy to do so because her golden locks of hair could be spotted a mile away.

"Riley!" I called after her, but she just kept walking.

This went on for about 10 minutes until I finally gave up, and went back into the cafeteria.

I decided I'd track down Melissa and sit with her. I looked around and she ,too, was nowhere to be seen.

I ended up grabbing a seat by myself at a deserted table.

"Leave me alone!" I heard a voice yell.

"Are you gonna cry for your mommy Neily?" said another voice.

I turned around and saw a few football player pushing a scrawny, thin guy around. I wanted to ignore it. "A teacher will take care of it," I told myself. I waited and waited for a teacher, as the footballers continued to bully the boy, until I finally got up and intervened. I despised bullies!

"Back off!" I yelled.

One of the footballers, clearly the leader, turned my way. He was big and bulky with blonde hair and hazel eyes. He looked like he spent an awful lot of time at the gym but that didn't scare me. Seeing as my dad was in the military, I had grown up very sportive and active meaning I was in pretty good shape, so I could put up a decent fight.