Chapter 41: Busted With a Hint of Realization

Your POV
"So what did you have to do?" Draco asked.

"Well there is a new fifth year and I wanted to introduce myself." I answered.

"What's their name?" He questioned.

"Keiynan West." I replied.

"Did he try anything?" Draco asked, putting his hands on my waist and pulling me closer.

"No. I am just gonna show him around Hogwarts after I get through with detention. We're friends nothing more, so  you don't have get jealous." I informed.

"Remember we had our first adventure during detention." Draco said still pulling me closer.

"Yeah I remember." I said kissing him, "Now I need to get to Umbridge's office for detention."

I pulled away and walked to the portrait, but before I could exit Draco stopped me by grasping my wrist.

"Draco I need to go. Or else I'll get in even more trouble." I said.

"What House is he in?" Draco asked.

I chuckled. "Slytherin." I answered.

Draco nodded and let me go.
•••••
"You will rewrite the approved text." Umbridge informed.

"But you haven't given us any ink." Harry said.

"You both will write with a special quill of mine, so you won't need any ink." Umbridge said calmly.

She handed us quills and we started writing.

I must not tell lies

I wrote continuously before a stinging sensation gripped my left hand. I looked and the words on the paper appeared on my hand.

"Unbelievable." I muttered.

"What was that?" Umbridge asked.

"Harry don't write anymore with that quill." I commanded.

"What?" Harry asked before gasping in pain.

"You expect us to deal with your torturous methods." I spat, venom dripping off of every word, "The Minister doesn't even know about this does he?"

"Yes he does." Umbridge lied.

"Liar." I accused.

"You will do as I say!" Umbridge commanded.

I grabbed the quills and ran out of the door. Knowing those weren't the only ones in her office. I just needed evidence for the Headmaster.

As I quickened my pace, I turned the corner running into Professor McGonagall.

"What are you doing Miss YLN? Shouldn't you be in detention?" She asked.

"Professor. I'm so glad I caught you." I panted out of breath, "Professor Umbridge made us write with these quills."

I held them for her to see. "They are some sort of torture method." I informed.

"Do you have proof?" McGonagall asked.

"Do you have any parchment?" I asked.

"Yes. I do. Here." She said giving me a piece.

I put the parchment against the wall.

"Now watch my left hand." I instructed.

She nodded. I started writing the words.

I must not tell lies

I wrote, the letters appearing on my hand and I wince in pain.

"How?" McGonagall asked, astonished.

"It's her quills. She made Harry do it too." I said.

I looked back at my hand, the letters were gone.

"Only the ones Harry wrote are still on his skin." I said.

"I'll talk with her tomorrow, just get Harry back to his common room." Professor McGonagall instructed.

I nodded giving her the quills. "I bet she has more of them. Just warning you."

"Thank you Miss YLN. I will also inform Professor Dumbledore. Does the Minister know?" McGonagall asked.

"I don't think so." I replied.

She nodded and I turned to Umbridge's office to rescue Harry.
•••••
Once I arrived I ushered Harry out.

"What are you doing young lady?" Umbridge asked.

"This detention is over. Professor McGonagall's orders." I informed.

She scoffed, "I am with the Ministry of Magic! You are just a student!"

"Well you are at Hogwarts right now, so you have to follow the staff's orders. Not even the Minister can protect you now, not with what you've done." I said leading Harry out.

"Thanks for saving me." Harry thanked.

"It's not just you I'm saving. I'm saving kids who will have to deal with her torture in the future." I corrected.

Harry smiled. "Well behalf of them, thanks."

I chuckled. "I hope your injuries will heal soon."

"Same." Harry replied.

I shook my head, stopping him. I showed him my hand.

"How?" Harry asked.

I shrugged. I suddenly remembered that Harry was with Voldemort. I had to ask him.

"Harry?" I asked.

"Yeah." He replied.

"What did Voldemort say? You know last year." I asked.

"He said that he made it easier to find you. By marking you with a flame on your right wrist." Harry answered.

I looked at my right wrist. As the orange flame stood out perfectly against my _______ skin. The flame almost flaring, dancing even, like it was real.

I gulped. "Did he say what he wanted with me?"

"No, I'm sorry. I wish I could be of more help." Harry said.

"You've done enough." I smiled.

"See you tomorrow. Goodnight." Harry said.

"Goodnight." I replied.

With that he went to his dorm and I showed Keiynan around.