Chapter 2: Sorting

Your POV

An older woman with green velvet robes, who introduced herself as Professor Minerva McGonagall, met us at the doors of Hogwarts and she led us up the stairs. A lot of steps later, we stopped at the doors of The Great Hall.

"The Sorting will take place in just a moment. Wait here until I come back," Professor McGonagall informed.

She then disappeared through the doors, leaving us in the hallway. Chatter filled my ears until I heard Draco's voice.

"So the rumors are true," Malfoy said, "Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts."

Everyone started murmuring, but I didn't understand what was going on. What was so special about this one boy?

Malfoy climbed up the stairs in front of whom I assumed was Harry and continued, "Malfoy, Draco Malfoy."

A red headed boy laughed and Draco glared at him.

"No need to ask for your name. Red hair, hand-me-down robes, you must be a Weasley," Draco scoffed and turned to Harry once again.

"As you can see some wizarding families are better than others. You don't want to make friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there," Malfoy smirked, offering Harry his hand.

Harry replied, "I can tell the wrong sort for myself thanks."

I giggled. Malfoy looked hurt and walked back to his original place.

"You think that's funny? How brave of you," Draco scoffed, "looks like you can add Gryffindor to the list."

"Well it's not my fault you were rude," I smirked as we were escorted into the Great Hall.

I noticed that candles were littering the ceiling and the roof looked like the night sky.

"Cool!" I excalimed.

"It's not the actual sky, it's just bewitched. I read about it in A Hogwarts, A History," A girl said.

"Way to ruin the fun of it," I muttered.

The sorting began and the know it all girl was sorted into Gryffindor, so was the red headed boy and Harry Potter. Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle were sorted into Slytherin. The Sorting continued until I was the only one left.

Oh dang... I thought.

"Y/n YS!" Professor McGonagall called.

(YS means your surname or last name)

I summoned all my courage and stumbled to the Sorting Hat. Sitting on the stool Professor McGonagall placed the Hat on my head.

"Hmm... difficult, very difficult," The Sorting Hat said, "Cunning and ambition, loyalty and kindness, brave and chivalrous, witty and wise. A very difficult decision indeed."

"Undecided!" The Sorting Hat exclaimed.

Everyone gasped.

"Um... Let the feast begin!" Professor Dumbledore commanded.

All of the four tables had food magically appear and the feast began. Meanwhile Professors McGonagall and Dumbledore led me outside the Great Hall doors.

"This hasn't happened before in all of Hogwarts history. So we are letting you try out all of the Houses to see which one you like the best," Professor Dumbledore informed.

"Do you have one you'd like to try first?" McGonagall asked.

"No ma'am," I replied.

"Okay then we'll let you try Slytherin first," Dumbledore said, "now go join your classmates."

I did as he said. I sat at the end of the table, trying to avoid all the mean ones.

Draco's POV

The Great Hall doors opened and I watched as Y/n sat at the end of the Slytherin table.

Really?! This can't be happening.

I only hope it's temporary.

After the feast, we were led to the common room.

The walls were covered in green tapestries that had the Slytherin crest on them and the room was lit by a few candles, which made the room look quite dim. There was a fireplace with three couches and a coffee table in front of it, while other pieces of furniture littered the common room.

Y/n hurried up to her room and I noticed her eyes were red and puffy almost as if she had been crying. A small twinge of pain and guilt panged in my heart at the sight of her.

I actually feel...bad for her?

Bloody hell what's the matter with me.

Shaking the feeling from my mind, my eyes began to sting from the lack of sleep so I headed to my room and fell asleep, the excitement of starting school the last thing on my mind.