Chapter 15: Dueling

Draco's POV
I woke up one morning dreading YN complaining for DADA class, since that was our first class.

Let's just say that picture above is how she feels about Professor Lockhart.

She loves music and hates Lockhart.

Well back to the day. We walked to DADA and noticed there is a sign on the door.

Dear 2nd Years,
Sign up for Dueling Club inside. There will be no class for today, only Dueling.
Thank You,
Professor Lockhart

"No class today? Yes! No having to deal with him in the morning!" YN said excitedly.

I laughed. "So what do you want to do for first period then?" I asked.

"First, we go sign up, then we head back to the common room and do anything we want until 2nd period!" YN said leading me inside to sign up.
•••••
After we had signed up for Dueling Club we went to the common room. Once we had arrived we sat down in front of the fire.

"So how do you feel about not having to deal with Lockhart?" I asked.

"I feel relieved!" YN said with a sigh.

"I'm glad I don't have to hear you complain!" I joked, but seriously I am glad.

"You love me though!" She replied.

You don't know the half of it...
•••••
After the day was done, we went to Dueling Club.

The first pair was Potter and I.

"Scared Potter?" I said.

"You wish." Potter replied.

We dueled, but then I said a spell I wish I hadn't.

"Serpensortia!" I said.

A snake erupted out of my wand and immediately turned to YN.

  Your POV
The snake looked right at me, probably sensing my fear. I stood in place as stiff as someone put the Body-Bind Curse on me.

"YN, don't move..." Draco said calmly.

I didn't reply. Draco had a look of worry on his face.

Harry, suddenly was speaking in Parseltongue.

I braced myself for the attack, but it never came as Professor Snape disintegrated the snake.

I could finally breathe. I let out a breath of relief that the snake didn't attack me.

"Thank you Professor Snape." I thanked.

He just turned away, just his way of saying you're welcome.

Draco jumped off the sparring stage and hugged me.

"I am so sorry YN! I didn't know you had a fear of snakes." He said.

"It's f-fine." I stuttered hugging him back.

"I am so very sorry. If only I would have k-known." Draco whispered, crying into my shoulder.

"Hey," I said and he lifted his head, "Don't worry I'm fine. If it weren't for Professor Snape I would have been dead from fear."

"It was Potter who was egging it on." Draco said storming off towards Harry.

"No! Draco stop!" I called after him.

I was running and Draco was sprinting towards Harry.

  Draco's POV
"POTTER!!!" I yelled.

Potter, Granger, and Weasley turned to see me sprinting towards them.

"Potter why were you egging the snake on. You could have killed YN!!!" I called, clearing the distance with another step.

I punched him in the nose.

"Malfoy!" Granger and Weasley screamed.

"He wasn't egging the snake on! He was trying to keep it from attacking YN!" Granger informed.

I gave a huff.

"Draco! What did you do?!" YN screamed.

She glanced at Potter with a bleeding nose and said, "Draco, Harry would never, ever do that on purpose! We don't even know what he was saying."

"Exactly..." Weasley said.

"I'm sorry YN I was just upset because I did that stupid spell and it sounded like he was." I said.

"Don't do that again!" YN engulfing me in a hug.

"I won't." I said.