Chapter 20: Frost

I have decided to make this chapter a little early since I had writer's block for the last 2nd year. I hope you are enjoying this book so far! And don't be afraid to comment!

  Draco's POV
YN and I arrived on the train and we sat down in our usual compartment.

"So YN are you excited for 3rd year?" I asked.

"Very." She said smiling.

God, she has grown so much since our 2nd year. She is even more beautiful too...

I heard a knock on our door and found Desiree.

"Desiree!" YN said motioning her to come in.

Desiree opened the door and gave YN a huge hug.

"How was your summer YN?" Desiree asked.

"It was amazing! I spent my summer with Draco and his parents." YN replied.

I smiled softly, glad that she enjoyed our time together.

Desiree sat down beside YN and began to talk.

  Your POV
"So YN I almost forgot, Harry, Ron, and Hermione are looking for you." Desiree informed.

"Alright tell them I'll be there in a minute." I said turning to Draco.

Before I could say anything, the train came to a screeching halt and the air went cold. The window frosted and everything went dark.

"Draco..." I whimpered.

"It's alright YN, there's nothing to be scared of." Draco said calmly.

I switched seats to sit beside Draco. He wrapped his arms around me and held me close. I whimpered and closed my eyes, hugging Draco tightly.

I felt him smile. "Shh... It's okay, you're safe. I won't let anything happen to you, I promise." He said soothingly.

I exhaled heavily and I rested my head on his shoulder.

At that moment, the frost and dim light seemed non-existent. I lifted my head as the color of the world returned. We stared into each other's eyes, and our lips were inches apart.

Then we realized what was happening and we went into our original positions.

"Um... I need to go. I need to see if my other friends are okay." I said and I walked out of the compartment, tucking my hair behind my ear.

  Draco's POV
After she left, I leaned my head back against the seat. I was so close to kissing her. If only I actually did it before we pulled away. I feel so stupid. Our relationship could have changed right then. It was one of the most perfect moments, and I ruined my chance. Maybe there will be another chance.

  Your POV
What just happened? Do I like Draco, more than a friend? I thought as I tried to find Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

I came a cross a compartment and I found them. I knocked on the door and Hermione beckoned me to come in.

I opened the door and Hermione scooted over so I could sit.

"Are you guys okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, but Harry fainted." She said gesturing to Harry that was laying down.

"What happened?" I asked.

"A Dementor." A man said.

"I am Remus Lupin and I am going to be your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher." Professor Lupin introduced handing his hand out for me to shake.

"It's nice to meet you Professor, I'm YN SN." I replied shaking his hand.

He smiled.

He had shaggy, light brown hair and his face was scarred.

"YN you seem a little shaken, is there something wrong?" Ron asked.

"I'm​ fine, Ron. Don't worry about it." I answered.

"Are you sure?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah perfectly fine." I said.

"Did Malfoy do anything?" Ron asked protectively.

I froze. "Um... N-No." I stuttered, letting my long hair cover my blushing face.

"He did!" Hermione shrieked.

She got up and headed out the door.

"No Hermione! He didn't do anything bad!" I yelled grabbing her wrist.

"Ouch!" She said.

"Sorry, but he didn't do anything bad. I'm just confused about what happened between us. That's all." I said.

She looked at me like she just heard something weird. "What happened?"

"I'll tell you guys if you come and sit back down with Ron, Harry and I." I said.

"Okay." She said and we walked back to the compartment.

"So what happened?" Hermione asked.

"Basically, I was scared because everything went cold, so Draco tried to comfort me. And we...uh...had a moment." I informed.

"What do you mean? 'Had a moment'." Ron said.

"That's something I don't want to talk about." I said.

"Come on tell us!" Hermione begged.

"We almost kissed..." I muttered.

"What?" Ron asked.

"I said we almost kissed!" I answered.
Both of them looked shocked.

"YN, you like Malfoy?" Harry asked.

I jumped, not realizing he was up. He was nibbling on a piece of chocolate Professor Lupin gave him.

"I am not sure..." I said.

Ron's mouth was hanging open and he was smiling too.

"Amused are you Ron?" I laughed.

"Well just imagining you with Malfoy, kind of makes me amused." Ron admitted.

I slapped him on his arm.

"Hey!" Ron said.

"Well." I replied standing up.

"Where are you going?" Harry asked.

"I'm gonna go back to my original compartment. Thank you very much." I said walking out the door.

  Draco's POV
I heard the door slide open. I turned to see YN walking in. Bloody hell she's beautiful.

"So are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, just a little shaken." She answered.

"We should get our robes on. We are almost at Hogwarts." She said.

We got our robes on and soon arrived at Hogwarts.