Chapter 8: Malfoy Manor

Draco's POV
It's the day before the train leaves for Christmas break, and I really want YN to come over. I was walking in the common room after I came back from a walk, and I caught YN sitting on a couch and reading.

"YN." I said.

She lifted her head and closed the book, holding her thumb in-between the pages and replied, "Yeah, Draco."

"What are you doing for Christmas?" I asked.

"I'm probably gonna stay here." YN answered.

"Well would you like to come over to my house. I could use a friend over since it's just my parents and I." I informed hoping that she would say she would like to.

"Really? I'd love to if it's okay with your parents." YN said.

"I already asked them and they say it's okay." I said.

"I'll go pack my stuff then!" She set her book down and she went upstairs to get her stuff packed.

Then she came back and we talked until it was time for bed.
•••••
We boarded the train the next day and sat beside each other.

"So what do you think you'll get for Christmas?" I asked.

"I don't know." YN answered, "What about you?"

"I don't know either." I admitted, "Just having a friend over is what I always wanted."

"Just having a friend in general is what I always wanted." YN said.

Both of us laughed. I actually have a real friend. If you're thinking about Crabbe and Goyle, no their not really friends just people I hang around.
•••••
Later the train stopped and people were filing out. YN and I grabbed our things and walked onto the platform.

"Mum, Dad!" I shouted as I spotted them.

"Draco!" Mum said.

She speed walked towards me and hugged me.

"How was your first year at Hogwarts?" Mum asked.

"It was great. I met a new friend." I said gesturing towards YN, "This is YN. YN, this is my Mum and Dad."

"It's nice to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy." YN said as she shook my parent's hands.

"What a proper young lady." Mum said.

"Thank you Mrs. Malfoy." YN said.

"Are you two ready to go?" Dad asked.

"Yes sir." YN and I said in unison.
•••••
  Your POV
We arrived at Malfoy Manor and it was made of stone, by the looks of it. The metal gates creaked as they opened. Tapestries hung on the walls as torches held them.

"Draco, are you going to show our guest where she'll be sleeping?" Mr. Malfoy asked.

"Come on YN!" Draco beckoned me to follow him.

He led me to a nice room that had Slytherin crest tapestries hung on the walls and two twin beds.

"This is my room. And you can sleep in that bed over there." Draco pointed to the bed that was on our right.

"Cool room." I complimented.

"Thanks. Well I am going to write a little more in the journal you gave me." Draco said and he sat down at a writing desk.

"You didn't want to call it a diary, didn't you?" I said.

"No I did not." Draco replied.

I laughed as I looked around the room. I turned back to Draco and asked, "How much did you write in the 'journal'?"

"Only about the things we've done together and my feelings that I can't express aloud." Draco answered.

"I won't ask about anything in there. Your privacy is your own and I respect that." I said.

He turned to me and said, "Thanks."

"You're welcome." I replied.

Suddenly, I saw something appear in the corner of my eye.

"Bloody..." I trailed off.

"Dobby! You almost gave her a heart attack!" Draco scolded the house elf.

"It's fine Draco. He didn't mean any harm." I said.

"It won't happen again Young Master Draco." Dobby said, "I'm truly sorry Miss YN. I should have been more careful."

"It is alright Dobby." I replied.

"Master Draco, I have come to tell you lunch is ready." Dobby informed.

"Thank you Dobby. We'll be there in a moment." I replied.

And Dobby disappeared.

"Come on YN, I'm starving." Draco said grabbing my hand and leading me to the dining table.