Chapter 1: Train Ride

Your POV

I was sitting in the train compartment on the way to Hogwarts and I stared out of the window wanting someone to talk to. I suddenly heard the compartment door slide open and as I turned my head, three boys walked in.

"The last compartment," I heard the smaller boy say.

He had white-blonde hair and stormy gray eyes.

"Hello," I squeaked.

The smaller boy looked at me and asked, "What's your name?"

"Y/n," I answered.

"I'm Draco, Draco Malfoy," Malfoy said and turned away.

I looked down and then continued to stare out of the window.

All three sat down. Draco sat in front of me and the other two that were big and brute like either sat beside Draco or me.

I tried to move away from them, but I was already leaning against the wall. I admit, I was a little scared of the other two.

"The one you're sitting beside is Crabbe," Malfoy informed, "and this is Goyle."

"N-Nice to meet you," I stuttered.

We were almost at Hogwarts so I stood up and grabbed my wand.

Waving my wand, I did a non-verbal spell and almost instantly my robes were on

Malfoy looked at me in awe and asked, "How did you do that?"

"I've read about this spell that could change your clothes," I answered, sitting back down.

"Bookworm..." Crabbe muttered.

"What House do you think you'll be in?" I asked.

"I know I'll be in Slytherin," Malfoy answered, "you?"

"Mum always thought I'd be in Hufflepuff, but I don't know," I said.

Malfoy nodded, "Either Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. Since you like to read and you seem nice."

"Thanks for the compliment," I muttered.

The train stopped and students filed out onto the platform.

"See you later bookworm!" Malfoy called and Crabbe and Goyle sniggered.

I hurried and walked on the platform after Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle.

We were led by a tall, bearded man to these magical boats and I climbed into one of them and Malfoy climbed in after me. Off to Hogwarts we go.