Chapter 9

HELLO BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE!

THE NEXT CHAPTER IS HEREEEE! I'M EXCITED AND THAT'S WHY I'M TYPING IN CAPS.. OKAY STORY TIMEEEE ....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday morning was a rush as Rachel, Clara and I made way to school. Hailey stayed home and decided to help mom with some stuffs for Christmas and New Year’s. We went to get our books from our lockers when an announcement was made.

“All the students taking part in the winter play please report to the auditorium immediately”

I wondered what happened. I took out my books and dumped them in my bag; waved goodbye’s to the girls and rushed towards the auditorium.

Ms. Lawrence was standing on the stage and the other students were crowding around her to listen to what she had to say. Once everyone turned up and was waiting for Ms. L to speak the auditorium doors opened loudly and in walked Jackson without a care in the world.

“Oh how wonderful of you to join us Mister Hemmings. Please hurry up” Ms. L said.

I wonder how the teachers put up with his antics. The girls made way for him and he just leaned in casually towards the stage catching my glare and winking at me. God, he was so annoying.

I rolled my eyes at him and continued glaring at him to which he smirked wider.

“If glares could kill, I bet he’d be dead meat by now” a girl whispered next to me. She was pretty and slender and a little bit short to me. She had natural dark brown hair which was tied up in a half ponytail. She looked at me and smiled.

“You have no idea. If it was legal to kill, he would be long gone” I muttered.

“Looks like we have mutual feelings towards him then” she whispered. “By the way, my name’s Nicole” she nudged me playfully.

“Oh great, someone’s on my side.” I smiled at her. “My name’s L-“

“Leah, I know” she giggled.

“But how?” I turned to look at her.

She held up two fingers and pointed at each of them “One, your face is all over magazines and the T.V and two, you’re playing Juliet” she shrugged.

“Oh, Right” I smiled sheepishly at her.

“If Miss. Edwards and Miss. Greene are done talking, shall we move on?” Ms. L said looking at us.

Nicole and I both froze and looked at her smiling sheepishly “Sorry Ms. L” we both muttered.

“Right, so we will now start practice every day during school hours since we have very less time left. No bunking and no fooling around. Especially you, Mister Hemmings.” She looked at him with a stern look to which he shrugged.

“Okay then, hurry up and take your positions. We start with scene 1. Sampson, Gregory, Balthazar and Abraham, up on stage. Quickly boys.

The boys took their positions and started the play. I tuned myself out and went to sit on one of the chairs. Nicole came and sat next to me.

“What are you playing as Nicole?” I asked.

“I’m playing Lady Capulet as in your mother” she grinned.

“That’s cool” I said and we started talking until Romeo aka Jackson had to butt in our conversation.

“Oh look, little Leah has found herself a new bff” he said in a girly voice.