Wicked & Les Mis

soooooooooooooo

Lovelies I got to see both Wicked and Les Mis in the West End!!!!! AHHHHHH

And yes don't worry I screamed and fangirled WAY TO HARD

So here is my reviews:

Les Mis:

Stunning, heartbreaking, and bone-chilling!! I loved every single second of this musical. The Queen's Theatre was very old and very small!!! At first I was kind of disappointed but it was like seeing a Cabaret!!! It was so intimate and you could see everyone's expressions!! It was so beautiful and I sobbed SOOOO HARD!!! Here is what I wrote in my journal after the show:

The barricade is being attacked. The boy's backs are to us, and Enjolras runs to the top and waves the blood red flag- his last act  of rebellion. He's shot... and tumbles forward out of view. Men are falling dead everywhere- the stage is lit up by smoke, fog, and gun shot fires. Another man runs to the top where Enjolras fell and raises his wine bottle to the sky- his form looking black against the yellow fog. He's shot down and tumbles backwards. All the men are dead. Jean ValJean crawls up and grabs Marius... pulls him down into the suers.

Stage goes dark.

Stage lights up a spot light on Javert who is picking through the men looking for ValJean, he cries out because he doesn't find the man.... and runs around to the other side of the barricade. Dead french soldiers litter the stage... but lift your eyes to see the barricade and laying upside down sprawled out is Enjolras. Blood drips from his smiling lips as he clutches the scarlet flag in his fist.

Wicked:

NO ONE MOURNS THE WICKED!!!!

Oh, lovelies!! It was a special surprise to see THIS show! We hadn't planned on it, not the tickets are actually pretty cheap! So my dad and I went. I've always wanted to play Galinda simply because she was such an iconic soprano role (and I am very much a soprano) but I never really loved her. But after seeing it live... I'm desperately in love with Galinda!!!! She is so complex and every scene she is in, the actress must be constantly at war with herself- the acting portion of the role is so beautiful and a challenge yet wonderful. I wish with my whole heart that I can play her, just like Christine.