20 - Where are you?

Dimitri's POV (I'm sure you saw this coming.)

The fight started and I was next to my beautiful Roza who was looking so fiercely as she fought Robert. I wanted to help her but her stubbornness won as she said the she wanted to kill him. I could not wait and watch her get hurt like that, so I was about to help her but a scream stopped me dead in my tracks. "Attack!" Robert yelled as Rose drew the stake through his heart.

"Go. To. Hell." She said between my gritted teeth. If I were him I'd be scared of her. How can someone so beautiful and sweet be this ruthless and fierce? She was like a goddess.

Robert was dead and now it was our turn.

Strigoi filled court in seconds as we started the battle. This was war. War that most of us knew that we'd lose. It's stupid but brave to show up here and fight. But I still have hope, but something bad will definitely happen tonight.

My thoughts were cut off but a punch thrown from one of the Strigoi in front of me and I ducked before it could hit me in the jaw. I kicked him in return in the stomach making him stumble a little. I tackled him down and when I had a opening I staked him. But then everything the Strigoi stopped and they were all looking at the same direction.

They were all looking at the place were Roza was standing seconds before the attack but now it was filled with brightness. It was too bright to see anything and it light up the night like the sun.

"Rose!" Adrian was now running towards the light but the force of the light brought him down as the light spread everywhere. Why did he call Rose? Where was Rose? What was happening? I couldn't understand anything.

The light spread so fast yet I experienced it so slow. As the light came to me there was an invisible force that pushed me down. I felt at peace, like there was nothing to worry about, like there are no Strigoi in court right now. Like I'm at peace. It was so calming. But all good things don't last long.

The light left us in the darkness of the night. I readied myself for a attack from a Strigoi. But to my surprise there were none.

Not a single Strigoi standing.

What was happening? I couldn't understand any of it.

I then felt my heart clench, but I didn't know why. All I know is that something happened and I have a feeling I'm not gonna like it when I find out what it is.

"No!" Adrian yelled, I turned to see what was happening and I saw him on the ground slowly getting up. He's leg was bended but that wasn't why he yelled. He had tears in his eyes as he was looking at Rose.

Roza. Oh no. Her eyes were barely open as she swayed a little. What happened? I ran to her and caught her in my arms before she could bash her head on the ground. "Roza? What's happening?" I said frantically. But she was just looking at me, not responding. I touched her neck to check for her pulse. It was there, but it was weakening.

"She sacrificed herself for all of us. It's a shadow-kissed's duty. That's what really happened to Anna." Adrian said from behind me, his voice cracking a couple of times.

No, no! This wasn't happening. Why would she do that? I know she's a guardian and wants to protect everyone but this. She killed all the Strigoi and sacrificed herself.

Now it all made sense. That book she was always hiding and reading it and the plans that she had made on paper. Non of it made sense to me then but now it was so clear. Damn it. I should have seen it before. I could have stopped this.

"Roza! Come on, stay with me. Keep your eyes opened. Look at me!" I yelled frantically. I felt like she was looking right through me. I was shaking, my hands were shaking. I couldn't lose her. Not like this. Her eyes were so heavy even I could feel them closing, but i will not let that happen. Then suddenly she looked at me.