01 - Connection

The word "destiny" was never a word both me and -my best friend- Lissa liked.

A word that sometimes leads you to amazing destination but sometimes it doesn't. Well for me, neither describe my situation.

My best friend Vasilisa Dragomir is one of the 12 royal families in our world and she's the one who rules us all. The Queen. Queen Vasilisa Dragomir. Yes it's kinda weird not being the normal girls we were, but then again with us, weird, doesn't begin to cover it.

I'm Rose Hathaway, no, let's try this again.

I'm Guardian Rose Hathaway, the head guardian of the Queen. The most rebellious girl in the academy and the one with the most bad marks. But then again I was the girl with the most Strigoi kills at that age.

My former lover, my soulmate, is Dimitri Belikov. The "Russian God" as everyone described him. But unfortunately over the year that changed to The ex-Strigoi. He was really stubborn and pushed me away when he changed back so I "tried" to let the love fade, because someone said his had. It didn't work. We somehow found our way back to each other but it broke some hearts. Adrian. At the beginning it was hard but then we were back to being friends. Like I said to him, he finally found himself someone, but to be honest I never expected it to be Sidney.

Back to my story. We found each other again but I said to him that if he couldn't forgive himself then we can't go on. But when I was shot to death -almost-, he forgave himself.

Yea, I know it was a little bit late. But I'm alive, thankfully.

Now we're together, and we don't need to hide that anymore.

My parents actually had "the talk" with him. They went on a hunting trip. When they were back Dimitri was like a little kid that just got bullied. He was so scared. I couldn't help but laugh, well I told him to run before any of them come back.

As for my wonderful parents, Guardian Jeanine Hathaway, a amazing guardian and not the greatest mother, at first. Well I can't really argue with that, we've had our up's and downs, but in this year we've grown closer.

Then there's my dad, who I met earlier this year, Ibrahim Abe Mazur, everyone was left with open hanging yaw's when the found out I'm his daughter. Well were pretty alike, but we don't really have the same taste in fashion.

Life now is different, being always by Lissa's side, -I mean the Queen- its weird. Not that I don't want to but she's the Queen, doing her Queen duties and going to college. And that's the most boring part. I have to stand there while they all have math, history and all those boring classes.

Right now they are having math and Rose Hathaway hates math. I was the worst student in math class. My grades the lowest. And right now I have no idea what they are taking about.

God, why do I have to listen to this bullshit?

I thought but that something i never expected happened. Lissa turned her head to the corner of the room (to me) and her expression was shocked. I could feel her emotions, shocked, confused, scared.

Wait, I could feel her? Rose? Then there it was, her voice in my mind. Rose was that you?

She heard my thoughts earlier. Does this mean.. The bond us back!

We both yelled in surprise. A few minutes later her class ended and she ran towards me, excited.

"Rose you have no idea how happy I am. The bond is back!" Me and Lissa shared a psychic bond. The bond was made when Lissa broth me back from the dead from a bad car accident and earlier we thought that we lost the bond. Maybe it was just shut down because she didn't bring me back, because I broth myself back from the dead this time. Okay it's getting weird taking about my death experience.