17 - I have my reasons

Being hopeful is amazing, having hope for life is even more amazing. Well not for mine that's for sure.

As I read the note in my mind I created the perfect plan. I headed to Hans's office to give him the evidence he needs about the attack that's about to come.

"Guardian Hathaway. What do you want?" He said in a bored tone. I'm sure it will be bored just as bored when I hand him the love letter from Victor Daskov's freshly turned step brother. Note the sarcasm.

With the same bored expression he was wearing, I left the note on the table and waited for him to scan the note and then take it from the desk and read it.

His reaction was priceless, if this situation wasn't as serious as it is than I'd be laughing my ass off.

"When did you get this?" He was horrified and I was feeling the same way but, fun fact, I knew much more then him and I know what was going to happen there. So I guess the crown goes to him.

"Yesterday, but I read it today." He looked up at me and gave me a dangerous look.

"What?"

"You know something." How did you guess? "And why would Robert want revenge on you?" Then there was a light on top of his head and it turned on. "What did you do this time Rosemarie?"

"Yes I know something. Robert is no longer Moroi, he and all the Strigoi around the world are planing on attacking us on a specific date and that's what we should figure out soon. And the other thing, it's a long long story that's for another time. Right now you need to gather all the guardians and discuss about this." I pointed at the paper and he nodded.

"Okay." He agreed, he actually agreed with me. He took out his phone sending the same message to everyone of the guardians. My phone beeped as the message came, 'Meeting in an hour. -Hans'.

"Hathaway is there anything else you know about this?" He looked at me, hopping that there's something more. There was but no one knew it, only me, St. Vladimir and Anna.

"In a mount and a half you'll need to get as many guardians as you can, there are going to be thousands of them." Just to fight them off until I come. I added in my mind.

"Yes you're right. This is going to be the biggest Strigoi massacre in Moroi history."

"And the biggest blood bath." I mumbled, but apparently Hans had heard me. He gave me a knowing look and then put his guardian mask up again.

"See you in an hour Guardian Hathaway."

***

I was being followed. But not followed, like spied on, but someone was running to me. And I knew exactly who it was.

"Roza!" His scent already touched my nose even tho he's a few feet away. I turned around and now we were inches apart. "Where were you? I was looking everywhere." He was both worried and angry at me.

"I was at the church then at guardian headquarters." I said truthfully.

"You were at the church?" He's eyes show me pure shock.

"What? Was it that shocking that Rose Hathaway went to the church?" The answer we all know is yes. I earned a chuckle.

"Well I've seen you once or twice in a church so yes it is." I smiled at the memory when we were helping father Andrew. But it came crashing down when I remembered the last time we were together in the church. Those four nasty words were once again repeating in my head. I remember his voice and the coldness in it like it just happened.