08 - I'm okay

I was standing in the hallway to Lissa's room. What the hell am I doing here? I looked around but there was nothing and no one there. I went directly to Lissa's room and there she stood with Christian by her side and Dimitri, Eddie and my mom standing protectively in front of both of them.

"Oh, lucky me. Everyone is here." I felt a smirk replacing my frown. I attacked them all of a sudden, having no control over my body. My first opponent was my mother and she was pretty good but I quickly took her down and I tackled her to the floor. I took her stake and she started screaming at me that it wasn't me, that it's the darkness that does this and that she's very proud of me. I felt the sadness build up in my chest.

This isn't me.

This is the darkness's doing.

My smirk grew and the stake I was holding now was in her chest. I started screaming at myself to stop this but nothing worked.

Next I went to Eddie and laughed humorlessly. "You remember Mason's death?" His expression changed in the matter of milliseconds. His greave was shown all over his face again as my hands reached to his neck and snapped. The déjavu from Mason's death came back like a storm.

No this isn't real.

This isn't happening.

I killed Christian next and Lissa and Dimitri. They all pleaded me to stop this and Dimitri's last words killed me. "I still love you Roza."

I was utterly in shock from what I just did. This isn't real.

I then saw a mirror and got closer to it with a stake in my hand. What I saw in the mirror was unbelievable. My eyes were pitch black and under my eyes there were red lines. I was a monster.

"Sweetheart this has always been you." It smiled and the next second I pierced the stake through my own heart.

And that's when I woke up.

I wasn't felling good at all. I didn't scream and somehow Dimitri didn't wake up from my jump.

I got up and I wasn't feeling okay at all. I felt like the darkness around me was choking me. Like I was a puppet that can be easily played with. Thinking of that I send shivers down my spine.

I went to the toilet where I had a panic attack few days ago. My eyes could no longer hold back the tears that were threatening to fall. I looked at myself in the mirror remembering my eyes in the dream.

Pitch black.

I wiped my eyes and got dressed. The only thing I wanted to do was run and train, so that was what I was going to do. I was running and running I didn't stop I don't even know where I went till I bumped into someone.

"I'm sorry." I said and took out my earphones picking up the things that the person I bumped in let go off.

I didn't take the time to look at the person but apparently the person saw me and recognized me. "Rose?"

I lifted my head to see Oksana smiling but then when she really looked at me her smile vanished.

"Rose are you okay?" Confusion was definitely shown on my face. Nothing but my head hurting I'm fine.

"I'm fine."

"Rose you're bleeding." I raised my brows and looked down there were visible drops of blood on the street. I looked back and saw that it was bleeding from before. I touched my nose and saw my hand, damn it. "Come on I'll clean you up."

We went to her and Mark's house and she helped me get cleaned up. "Rose what did you do to yourself?"

"Nothing. I was just running so I can think." Certainly wasn't the whole truth.

"You didn't hit your head or anything?" She touched my shoulder and I was about to make a joke but what happened next shocked both me and her.

I felt like this morning. Worse. I felt like my body was on fire. Why did my body reacted like this when she touched me? But then it hit me like a train. She's a spirit user and I accidentally took her darkness. I wanted to pull away to stop this but I couldn't. I was paralyzed.

My eyes were rolling. I was dying. Legit dying. My heart was slow and I couldn't take a breath. And then there was my hero.

Mark took Oksana away from me and I collapsed. My eyes were barely open. I started coughing up blood as Mark came to me and tried to help me. He shook me but no response. I was coughing uncontrollably.

"Rose don't close your eyes. Come on Rose! Stay awake!" He yelled but I heard it like he was whispering.

"I'm fine." I whispered as one last soft cough came out from my mouth. Rage was filling my soul but I stayed as calm as I could. Till Oksana put a spirit bracelet on my wrist. I was still dizzy and I could still taste the blood in my mouth but I was in control.

"Rose I'm sorry. I didn't meant to do something like that." Oksana apologized a hundred times but I know she didn't want something like that to happen. I wasn't feeling good but I was better than 3 seconds ago.

"I know. It-its okay." I said quietly with a gargling noise. Mark picked me up and put me down on the couch while Oksana broth a glass of water.

"How did you pull her darkness?" Mark asked when we were alone. "I thought I was the only one who can do that."

"I d-don't know."

"Rose you've got to take care of yourself. From Oksana's eyes I can see your aura and it's bad. Really bad. The darkness from before still remains in your aura but now you don't have any light. If you don't take care of yourself it won't end well." I mouthed a thanks and I was about to close my eyes but the next words made me feel more awake than ever. "I called Dimitri."

"What?!" My body instantly shoot up and I regretted doing that because, damn my chest really hurts. Mark pushed me down and said that he called Dimitri to tell him that I'm with them. "Why? Did you tell him about this?"

And by this I think he understood what I was talking about. "No I didn't, but you will. Rose you can't hide something like this, especially from him and your bond mate. You need them by your side. Now more than ever."

I'm freaking out. I don't even know why. What am I going to tell Dimitri? I don't want to tell him about this. He'll be overprotective for no reason. And I hate it when he's like that. I can take care of myself. Or can I?

Don't doubt yourself Rose, you can!

"I can't. I can't tell them." I looked down not letting the threatening tears to fall.

"Rose you can, this is spirit talking not you."

"No this is me talking. I can't worry them, I can't let them be overprotective of me when I can take care of myself. I know I'm a mess but I can figure it out by myself, like I always did." But the time I finished I was crying. Mark looked at me feeling the pain that I'm in. He understands me. He's been through the whole shadow kissed thing. But he never let himself go this far.

"Oh Rose." He hugged me and I cried in his shoulder. "I know that. You really remind me of myself when I was your age. I was so stubborn and selfless. But I never opened up. Till Oksana came into my life. You need to open up, because you're messing yourself up even more by keeping it to yourself." I whispered a thanks and he let go. He gave me a blanket and stayed with me till sleep came in.

I didn't had a nightmare nor a dream. I just slept. I haven't slept like this since I came to Baia.

I took in my surroundings and noticed that mark wasn't the one that was sitting next to me.

It was Dimitri.

Hello...I'm back.

New update, hope you like it and don't forget to leave a comment and vote.

Love you guys.  

-M.H.🍩