03 - Just dreams

I woke up in a room full of people. My head was spinning, I don't know where I am. I don't know who these people are.

I got up and I was going towards them. They all started backing away and running. Was it something I said? What did I do? Why are they running away from me?

"No don't. Stay away. You don't want to do this." A voice yelled at me. A voice I very well know. I turned around only to be facing Dimitri, standing protectively in front of Lissa and Christian. "This isn't you. This is the monster inside of you."

I was going towards them without controlling my own body. "That's exactly what it is." A cold, soulless voice spoke that send shivers down my spine. Wait, that was my voice.

Slowly I got to him, feeling a smirk forming on my lips. "Oh comrade." I came to him and kissed his lips. He kisses me back and we are like that till my hands reach his neck and I felt a snap in my hands.

I broke his neck.

I broke my boyfriends neck.

I killed him. And a part of me liked it.

My heart sank into the pit of my stomach. I continued to Lissa and Christian. They were both begging me to stop, that it isn't me. One part of me feels like ripping their hearts out and the other screaming at myself to stop this.

I literally pushed my hand into Lissa's chest and took out her heart and Christian was the one who fought back.

"You've always been a monster. You were just hiding it. You betrayed all of us. I thought better of you Rose." I just simply came to him and smashed his head to the brick wall, cracking his skull.

Then I turned around looking at a mirror. Looking at the monster in front of me. My hands bloody, the shirt I was wearing, coloured in the blood of the people who I love the most. And my eyes...

My eyes were black. There was no white. The darkness took over them.

"Don't play the victim to circumstances you created." The girl in the mirror smirked and she screamed as the darkness took over everything.

"Rose!" I heard a voice call my name, bit I have a feeling it's not the first time. Opening my eyes and shooting up. I'm shaking like crazy, sobbing and sweating. Dimitri was the I've shaking me awake.

"Rose, don't worry. You're okay now." Am I? He pulled me into a hug and I laid my head on his chest still sobbing. He was okay. That was all that mattered. He's still here, with me. I didn't kill him. "It was just a dream. You're safe now Roza."

"God I love you." I muttered under my breath but I'm pretty sure he heard me. "I don't want to ever lose you."

"You won't, Roza. I won't leave you." I chuckled at that as I wiped my tears.

"Don't make promises you can't keep, comrade." He smiled a little as we got back to bed, but I couldn't sleep so I got up and changed in training clothes.

The gym was my destination. I got there and I was working out for more than 2 hours. My mind taking in everything that happened. The fortune, the nightmares, the things Rhonda said to me. Why am I torturing myself with this?

Everything she said was both confusing and also very understanding. It doesn't make any sense. I get it that it's something bad, but what is its meaning. What is going to come crashing down on me like a storm.

And then I thought of the nightmare I just had. Is it the darkness? Am I going to explode like Sonya said? Or is it something else? Is it some threat to Lissa? Or something that will be after her? And then the next confusing part. What did she meant when she said, "Don't play the victim to circumstances you created."