12 - Why?

Someone sold us out.

"The devil" sold us out.

For the next two days that's all that's been on my mind.

Someone sold us out.

But who? Why?

I've been a hundred times over all the people that knew. No one would do such a thing.

Dimitri would never tell, so would Eddie and Hans. Dr. Olenski was only there to check on me she really loves me she would never do something like that. I trust Merideth and Alex but I am even more sure because they are always with me.

So that leaves me.

What if I sold myself out? What if the darkness took over and told the Strigoi. But if that happened I would have been there and I would remember doing that. I didn't.

Then who?

But what concerns me even more is Merideth's condition. She still hasn't woken up, she has broken ribs, broken arm, and a bashed head. We took her to the nearest Moroi hospital and when she gets better guardians from Court are going to bring her back home.

They took me to a hospital room too, apparently i had 5 broken ribs, bump on my head and a bad scratch that I'm sure it's gonna leave a scar.

Since we got in the hospital, Dimitri hasn't left my side. He was so concerned about me and that made me even more confused. I'm okay why can't he get that. Yes I know he loves me and all but right now we have a lot of stuff to think about not the stupid scratch on my face.

I am exhausted of this life, I am exhausted of always loosing and always being the hero. But that's the problem, I'm no hero.

Always trying to be one, but never being one.

"Roza. Merideth is awake." My dreamy Russian came in filling the room with his sweet, thick accent. He came to my side helping me to stand upright.

"Let's go." We got to her room and what I saw was so bad, Merideth was attached to 2 machines, her face was pale she looked like she was about to die.

"Rose..." She said quietly but trying to sound as strong as she can.

"Save your strength. The guardians will come in an hour and they will take you to safety." I smiled and reassured her with a smile while squeezing her pale hand.

"What about you...?" She sounded so weak. Her voice cracked a couple of times.

"We have one more mission and then we'll be coming back too." She cut me off by putting her hand over mine.

"I mean you? Are you okay?" She waisted so much energy on making her voice sound stronger, but it amazed me at the same time. She was acting so strong that for a moment I thought that she wasn't hurt.

"It's not a question that should be ask, the mission isn't about me, it's about making sure we complete them and making sure you're all okay." That's what a leader is about. But really talking, I'm not okay. I'm fighting the darkness at all time because of the anger inside me, my head hurts so bad it's going to explode and my ribs are no better. But still I'm standing because I won't let anyone from this team die. They are all going to come back to Court alive because there are people waiting for them.

There are people waiting for you too. The voice inside my head taunted me.

What am I doing? I'm no leader. I'm no anything.

"Rose." Merideth pulled my hand again. "No matter the mission and your leadership, you must take care of yourself too."

I looked into her eyes and smiled, then took her hand softly putting it on the bed. "Rest. You have a flight awaiting you." Then me and Dimitri left, going to the hostel where everyone else was. The whole travel I was silent. So was he. But when we were about to get out of the car he stopped me.