19 - Would you break my fall?

The battle hasn't begun yet but everything was ready. It was the middle of the night and most of the Moroi are safe, what mattered the most to me is that everyone I love is safe, except Dimitri, Eddie and my mom.

My head was up and I took a deep breath that was calming me as much as it could. They I felt a squeeze on my hand as I felt my boyfriend's aftershave. "Roza. Just know that I love you no matter what, okay?"

"I love you Dimitri, always and forever." I kissed him for what seemed to be the last time I do so. And now I was ready. That was my goodbye and what is in front those gates is what will cut my life.

The first Strigoi that came and broke the wards with a stake with a human accompanying him, Robert Doru, which was expected. He was the leader. 

We had Dhampir and Moroi all around court which was planned by Hans if any of them planned another way in. But Robert chose the entrance where I stood in front of all of them. As expected.

"Hello my dear Rosemarie." He said with venom in his voice as he snapped the human's neck. That crack bringing back memories that I shoved away quickly.

"Sorry. I'm not as pleased seeing you." I spat at him as he came closer to me. His red rings around his eyes made me more disgusted then I already was by his appearance.

"Who said I was pleased? I'll be pleased when I kill everyone you love in front of your eyes and torture you till you beg me to kill you." I chuckled as I took out the stake I was hiding.

"Something like this?" I attacked him first which was an element of surprise the stake hitting his hand as he hissed in pain.

As I ducked, weaved, threw punches and lashed out with my stake, I didn't realize that no other Strigoi were coming, for now, but I could still feel them in my gut.

Dimitri came to help out, but I said that he was my kill so he backed off. He knew why I wanted to kill him and he let me.

With a strong battle cry coming from me I lunged at him hitting his shoulder. His posture was perfect for kill but as it was about to pierce through his skin he twisted my hand and yelled to the Strigoi that were waiting for a signal. "Attack!"

That's when they started to show up, one by one they came into line as Robert turned around to look at them I tackled him to the ground slamming my stake into his cold heart. "Go. To. Hell." I said between my gritted teeth with every word hitting his chest again. And stood up to face a whole army of Strigoi with over seven hundred standing here ready for battle.

Before what I have in mind was done I needed to check on Lissa and collect what is needed for this plan to work.

The feeling of fear and hope washed over me as I opened my eyes and I wasn't in my head anymore. I had a few seconds to finish this before I die because I wasn't in my own body.

She was using her powers to heal someone and Adrian and Christian were with her. They were in that underground tunnel that was made to protect the Queen and other Moroi when there were attacks like this. Which wasn't often.

I don't know why Adrian came back to Court when he could have stayed back in Palm Springs and be safe.

To my luck Lissa was using spirit at the moment and all that anger and dark thoughts she was building before were still there so that means that the plan was setting it's place because she had darkness in her system that changed her mood. And Adrian noticed.

"Hey cuz? Um...your aura." He said studying it and Lissa spoke angrily, before Adrian could even open his mouth.

"What about it?" He looked confused, his eyes looking at Lissa but I felt like he was looking at me. Like he knew I was in her head, like he could see right through Lissa and at me.