06 - Homecoming

One second we we're standing in the doorway the next we were bombarded with hugs from every member of the Belikov family - well except for Yeva of course.

I was also crushed by two little hands on my leg and other two around my neck. Zoya was hugging me with her tiny hands and she said my Russian name a couple of times and it made my smile grow. And over to the big boy here, Paul was almost as high as me. He has grown so much I was so happy to see him and apparently he was too. "Auntie Roza you finally came. Why did you left without saying goodbye?"

I could hear my heart break by the sound of his voice, he was really sad because I left like that. I hugged him again letting him know that I had to go fast and that it won't happen ever again. He pulled away and smiled approvingly.

Dimitri was extremely happy to see them and he was really relaxed sitting between his loved ones. He wasn't the Anti-Social God he was when we were in the academy, now he was normal, he wasn't trying to control himself and that stupid mask he always wears was now gone. I, on the other hand, was sitting on the other side playing with Zoya and Paul.

"So how's school Paul? Heard you were very good in your class."

"Yes, I'm the best in class actually. You know I want to be like you and uncle Dimka one day. One of the most famous Dhampir and to protect my sister and mama and everyone I love." I looked at him with a smile, I was so proud of him. And let me tell you with me and Dimitri by his side he will be the next Russian God. "Aunt Roza, can you and uncle Dimka teach me something more? I want to fight just like you and be brave and protect Moroi."

"Of course little guy, but first you need to grow up a little more then we will work on that okay?" He stood up and hugged me again, but this time as I was sitting he broth me to the floor and we both laughed.

Zoya was nibbling onto one of her toys while drooling, her eyes focused on the cartoons that I did not understand. But then there was a cry. A baby cry. But not Zoya or Paul, it was Sonya's little girl. I stood up and i went to her playing with the baby.

"Oh hello there. What's this young lady's name?" I tickled her tummy as she laughed. She was so cute, her chocolate brown eyes sparkled and that beautiful smile of hers reminded me of Dimitri.

"Katya, she's 6 mounts old." She giggled again and I asked Sonya if I could hold her as Katya's little arms reached for mine. I took her into my hands and I was talking nonsense, but it didn't bother me because she was smiling. She's so cute, I want to have a little daughter like her, I don't know what I'll name her but I know I'll be very happy to have her.

She'll have my hair and my attitude and Dimitri's eyes and kindness. Dimitri. But I can't reproduce with him and that's the hard part of our relationship. He wanted to have kids so bad but he backed down Tasha's offer. Maybe if he accepted the offer he'd have kids now and Tasha won't be in jail for murder. Stop with this stupid thoughts Rose! Everything happens for a reason and you're happy now, cut it off.

"I never thought that you would get along with kids." Dimitri teased me but within that sarcasm there was an awe. Truthfully I never expected that I'd get along with kids that much. With my childish moments I'd be worse then them sometimes.

But I smiled at him and as I turned Katya to me I felt nauseous. I winced at the unexpected reaction and at the same moment the baby started crying. I ran to Sonya and gave her the baby. "Take everyone to a safe place, right now!" I roared at her but I knew she understood why. The panic in their eyes told me everything.

"Everyone to safety, Dimitri you're with me." I was trying as hard to stay calm and be like a real leader, like my mom and Dimitri. And it actually worked.