The forbidden Mate Ch. 4: Questions (Pic of Mark)

Okay, so there was a question about Isa that I thought was rather important (hint, hint, wink, wink).

Isa Can choose when she shifts for the first time. And yes she is- at the moment- loyal to Tony.

And soon you'll know how her family and pack are doing without her, I promise. Thanks for all the comments and votes! I'm so EXCITED about this story! Idk why, but I am! And its coming along quite effortlessly.

Thank you again for reading! You guys are amazing!

(oh, and if I'm uploading too fast tell me.Don't want to be rushing people, or the story along.)

Sorry this chapter is kinda short :(

Bella

CHAPTER 4: Questions

Something warm was carefully draped over my waist. When I tried to move unexpected pain shot through my chest, I hissed.

''Oh, don't move yet, Isa... you're still hurt. You haven't-" Marks voice sounded worried, but I'd fallen for his 'no one will hurt you, I'll protect you facade 1 too many times.

"I'm not shifting! And don't fucking pretend to care now." I growled cracking my eyes open.

"Isa-"

"Don't fucking talk to me!" I yelled sitting up and getting out of his bed, I couldn't believe I'd slept in the same bed as him.

"I know you're upset-"

"No! No you don't Fucking know! I trusted you! I believed you! And you turned and walked away from me! You knew he was going to hurt me and you didn't care! You didn't even try to stop him did you?"

Mark just stood there looking at me.

"Do not tell me that you know... cuz you don't." I eased myself down onto the floor, clenching my teeth at the pain in my ribs.

Mark didn't move and neither did I we stayed like that not saying anything, I didn't even acknowledge his existence. He was just like the rest of them... so why had I expected him to be so different.

I wondered what my family thought... what they were doing... if anyone was looking for me... I sighed. I should have just let mom talk to me. I'd kill to hear her talk to me about mating and how different it will be... hell I'll even listen to the sex talk again. I just wanted to hear my mama's voice, wanted to feel daddy's arms. I felt vulnerable... and more alone then I ever had. ---I am alone.--- I reminded myself.

"Mark!" A guys voice sounded through the door with a gentle tap that sent my body on edge. I positioned myself to protect my most sensitive body parts. But Mark walked over to the door and opened it. A guy about mama and daddy's age peeked around Mark.

"What are you doing here Rafe?"

"I just wanted to see if the gossip was true... She really is Grace's little girl, looks just like her."

''Well, you've seen. Now leave." He growled.

---How did everyone know my mama?---

Mark slammed the door in the guys face. I finally spoke, "How does he know my mama?"

"Uh... they used to be in the same pack... but Rafe didn't like your father much." He answered awkwardly. There was a short pause when he asked, "Why won't you look at me?"

I didnt answer. I didnt want to admit that I was afraid. But maybe if I answered him he answer more of my questions. "I... didn't know if I was aloud to." I said.

Mark sighed and stepped closer cautiously until he sat down beside me with his back against the wall. I saw him reach out his hand lingered above mine, but just before his skin touched mine he pulled back. "I don't want you to... be afraid, or disgusted by me." He said quietly. "I want you to look at me."

Drawing in a deep breath I lifted my face and turned my neck slightly to look him in the face for the first time.

He was beautiful... but we all were. His strong, prominent jaw line, His perfect lips, then most shocking his emerald eyes... which I found strangely familiar...

He smiled gently; "Hey," He whispered.

I smiled too, I couldn't help myself, "Hey," I mumbled back, feeling the damn blush I'd inherited from my mama flush my face. "Lets play twenty questions." I said, leaning my head back.

"Okay, You start." He sighed,we both knew this game wouldn't be fun... It would be hard and uncomfortable. But as long as he answered, I'd answer.

"How old are you?"

"21." He shrugged. "Why'd you lie to me about your last name? You had to know I'd find out you were lying."

"I didn't see the point in you asking me, I knew you would find out, but I guess I hoped I could get away before that."

He nodded accepting my answer. "Why didn't you stop him?" I asked controlling my voice to keep it from breaking.

"If I would have tried to help... He would have made it worse-"

"How could he have made it worse?!"

"Isa your a female and in case you haven't noticed there's not many females around here. Your lucky he didn't give you to someone!"

"Would you have just stood by and watched then too?" I asked my voice was quiet,but I knew he could hear the hurt a betrayal I felt.

Mark growled the sound radiating out from his chest. "No, I would have killed any of them who tried."

"So it's okay for a-"

"Its my turn." He rumbled, I shut up.

"Do you want to go outside?" He asked.

"That's your question?"

Mark nodded, "There's some one who wants to see you again."

I was immediately wary, "Who?"

"Don't be afraid, I wouldn't put you in danger. If I could have my way no one would ever touch you." he said his fingers brushing the bruise- I no doubt had from his Fathers hand.

Mark stood up and held his hand out to me. I took his hand unsure if I could stand by my self just yet. I leaned against him as he held my hip supporting me against him. "Stay by my side and don't try to run. It will be worse if you do."

"Thanks for the warning, but I can barely stand let alone run." I admitted.

As we walked out the door I heard him mumble something that sounded suspiciously like a heart broken apology.