3. A State of Mourning

Ethan and me decided that we should go see what's left of the pack

Ethan and me decided that we should go see what's left of the pack. We knew it wasn't going to be a pretty sight but we had to know. Lily's connection to us broke when she died. I didn't want to believe that my parents suffered the same faith as my little sister.

I could smell the smoke as we walked and once we got a little closer I could see it. Our whole village was burning, they left nothing unscathed from the fires touch. Some houses were still on fire and bodies finished burning on the ground. I look toward where our house used to lay and found nothing but debris laying around. It looks like all the rogues scattered after finishing the pack off and setting it on fire.

It would almost be impossible for my parents to be able to make it out of here alive. They either burned in the fire or they were killed by the rogues. Letting them go back was a huge mistake on all of are parts. I should have begged them to stay. I should have never ran without them. I knew they wouldn't have came with us, they cared about the pack too much. I knew Ethan was having a hard time believing everything that happened and I was too. I was ready to get out of here and I knew what that meant for us. We are rogues now and we are going to have to learn how to survive like one.

My wolfs and my emotions are all over the place. We could still smell the rogues and another smell I couldn't point out and I was getting nervous, not for myself though, I had faith in myself and my wolf but I was nervous for Ethan. He hasn't shift into his wolf yet and I was going to protect him with my life. He is my only family left. I knew standing here around what use to be my pack that this would make us stronger. We would be closer than we ever have been. I least one good thing came out of today.

"Hey, we should leave." I tell Ethan after I start smelling that same smell from before but it smells closer. It seems like whatever it is, is headed this way. I shifted in my wolf just in case anything happened. I would be able to protect Ethan better in wolf form. Protecting Ethan was the most important thing now. Whatever it is, it's getting closer. I starting to feel the ground tremble and I walked in front of Ethan and get in a protective stance. We vowed to protect Ethan with our life, no matter what.

Out walked three hundred or so wolfs all in wolf form. They all came and made a circle around Ethan and me. I snarled and snapped my teethe at anyone who got to close. I took a good look at the group and sized them up. I knew we could take down a few but not all of them. There were to many and some were even bigger than me. I don't like to brag but for a female, my wolf was huge. My wolf and I thought over the situation and realized that we would just have to wait it out and see what happens. There's a chance they might not even want to kill us there's no need for us to start something just yet. I looked over the group one more time and my eyes landed on a dark brown wolf. He looked about the size of an Alpha but I could tell by the power oozing off of him that he is a Beta. I looked at the size of him, he was almost as big as me but I knew I could take him. My wolf licked her lips at the thought of another fight.

As if seeing where my mind was headed the Beta took a step forward and shifted into his skin. One of the other wolfs through him a pair of shorts. I looked him in the eyes the whole time even though I didn't want to. He gave me a small smile after pulling on his shorts. He offered his hand to me and said "I'm Bryan." I snapped at his hand and he pulled it back and my teeth grazed his hand. "Oh, feisty I love it." He sent a smirk my way. After that smirk I couldn't help it, I let my gaze drop. I first let my gaze trail down to his neck. I was looking for his mates mark, to see if he belonged to a female. When I saw no mark my eyes went to his chest and stayed there a little too long for my wolfs liking. She seems to only have eyes for our mate, that we haven't even might. Normally I wouldn't openly check someone out like this but he just was that attractive and by the way his smirk deepens when he looks at me I can tell he thinks he's attractive too. I'm not a fan of cocky guys either but this Beta was all male and I liked it.

All the other wolfs were starting to get a little to comfortable with me just standing there and not snapping at them and one came and playfully nudged my right foot. I growled low at the light brown wolf and snapped my teeth at it. While I was growling my power oozed out and spread throughout all the wolfs as if saying I'm powerful don't mess with me kind of thing. What I didn't expect though was for every single one of them to shift back into human form and get on one knee and bare their necks to me. Getting on one knee and baring your neck was a sign that you were submitting and that you will follow and respect the one you are submitting to. "Alpha." They all say at the same time.

____________________________________
Gif Info- http://bestanimations.com/Animals/Mammals/Dogs/Wolves/wolf-animated-gif-8.gif