Take me away

(Chapter 38)

*Alyssa's POV*

                        I applied a coat of eyeliner desperate to hide my bags and puffy eyes. I shouldn't have cried so much last night. There was a knock on my door and I swallowed hard as my father entered. "We're leaving o work, and we'll be back in the afternoon to.. Check on you and then we'll leave again. See you later." He spoke without making any sort of eye contact and then closed the door. I stared at the ground, I had snapped my parents' trust like a piece of chocolate, my mother had not spoken a word to me and kept sending me angry glares and her messages to me through my dad. Funny how you can get something you wanted for a long time and be the happiest teenager alive and then sobbing on your bathroom floor the next day. Irony.

           My mother and father said that I would have to take extra classes and spend extra time studying and be under their radar all the time, giving them updates on my whereabouts with a picture for proof. My home had suddenly turned into my jail. I wanted to cry.. Again.

                          **

              I dumped my coffee cup in the bin and wiped my mouth with my sleeve as I entered my locker combination. Everyone was shooting me glances and whispering, not bothering to feel ashamed when I looked at them. Everyone had seen Adrian's post and knew that we had left to Venice. Miss. Robinson, my history teacher and also my favourite looked at me with disappointment when she passed by and averted her eyes and picked up her pace as soon as I opened my mouth to wish her good morning. Great, even the teachers knew about it. It was expected for a bad boy like Adrian to bail on school and leave town but for a goody too shoes like me to bunk school like that was definitely disappointing and not of their expectations for me. "ALY!" Sydney's high pitched voice squealed and I felt my best friend's arms wrap around me. At least I had Sydney. I inhaled her scent and hugged her back, I had missed her so darn much.

          "Oh gosh, we have so much to talk about babe! And oh my god, my heart nearly stopped in fear when your parents showed up at my place and asked about you. My mind was literally screaming 'CRAP'. So how'd you escape them?" She spoke all this in one breath. I shut my locker and kept my eyes glued on the ground. "I didn't, Syd, They found out. And I'm also grounded for a lifetime" I muttered. Sydney rested a hand on my shoulder trying to comfort me. "Tell me all about it" And so I told her, everything about the plane pank, Adrian telling me he loved me, coming home to my parents and only skipping the part where they checked her phone because she'd probably blame herself for leaving it lying out there.

                  The first few classes, I kept a low profile, my nose in my books, trying to redeem myself with the teachers but the damage was done. Their eyes would be filled with disgust or disappointment and their noses would scrunch up when their eyes landed on me. I was also lagging behind in class so I no longer knew answers and my hand ached from scribbling notes from Sydney. I inhaled deeply as the scrumptious scent of food wafted through the air as if calling me. "Food" I smiled for the first time the whole day.

                   Sydney and I entered the cafeteria and immediately all eyes turned towards us.. Me. Usually Sydney got most the attention not me. But ever since Adrian happened, I was suddenly the headlines of the school's gossip. Adrian. My eyes landed on his. He sat in jeans and a casual black T-shirt with Trystan at another table. His old table. With the sluts of the school. I gulped as Sydney steered me towards the line and I picked up my tray, ignoring the scowls and glares from the other girls in the room. "Oh my god, she's such a bitch, totally bailing on Adrian" I heard a blonde whisper, well actually almost scream. I flushed and picked up a crumbling apple tart from the desserts and waited for Sydney. "I swear she's the biggest bitch ever! How could she be so mean to Adrian!? Hey do you think he'll sleep with me now that she's out of the picture?" I heard a brunette ask someone and I felt my cheeks heat up. Did everyone have to know? There was still silence as Sydney and I made our way to our usual empty table and sat down. I felt Adrian's eyes burning on me and risked a glance up at him, he looked away immediately.

               "Hey, Aly, it's fine, the affect will wear off" Sydney promised and took a bite in her sandwich. I shrugged. "What's happening with you and Trystan now?" "He'll have to choose between me and Adrian I guess.. I don't know to be honest we haven't talked today." Sydney said quietly and guilt overwhelmed me. I always got in between Sydney and Trystan, Sydney seemed to notice because she smiled sadly at me. "I'm sorry" I said in a hushed tone. "It's fine. It's not your fault.. But sweety you should tell Adrian you like him." "It's too late though" I moaned. "No it's not, go!" She insisted and poked me in the ribs. "OKAY! OKAY!" I put my hands up in surrender, stood up and turned to his table... Only to find him groping another girl.

           My eyes widened as she sat in his lap and he fiddled with her hair, his face impassive and emotionless. His eyes found mine and I tried not to look away even as tears begged to reach the surface, he held the stare for a minute with steel eyes then rolled his eyes and said something to Trystan who nodded in response. Time slowed as I saw the nameless girl play with Adrian's silky hair and plant heavy kisses along his neck mumb. The thing that hurt most was that he didn't resist her in fact he even encouraged her with smirks and seducing smiles and winks. And then all of a sudden, Sydney was by my side, pulling me out of the Cafeteria, holding me sturdy and supporting me as everything became blurry with tears and my world seemed to turn upside down. Sydney was saying something but I couldn't hear her, her words drowned in the sound of blood rushing through my ears. We found our way to the girl's bathroom and as the world tipped dangerously on its side, I stumbled to the sink and threw up with Sydney holding my hair back and gently caressing my shoulders and reassuring me.

A/N

FIRST update of 2018 guys yayay. Happy new year I guess? Im terribly late I know lmao. Honestly im not sure if I should say yAy 2k17 is over or ugh here we go again.

Sorry sorry for the depressing chapter, hey don't blame me, I'm on a sad song spree right now and THAT is the root cause *smiles sheepishly*

Things will get better... Or worse. ;)

You know the pattern, Vote, comment and share.

Media as Vanessa Hudgens

~The Unicorn in the Rain xoxo