After the war

(Chapter 36)

*Adrian's POV*

I trudged out of my taxi trying not to look as depressed as I felt. BADBOYS DON'T CRY! I scolded myself. No, bad boys do cry, they just don't do it in public and over such stupid things. I grabbed my luggage and keys and opened the door. "I'M BACK, MOM!" I called, not addressing Morgan or Kira. I heard the shuffling of footsteps and my mother appeared with a grin on her face. She had chocolate brown eyes like me, dirty blonde hair, warm and flushed skin and neither too plump nor too skinny. She was about three inches shorter than me and flung her arms around my neck. "I missed you, my love!" I forced a smile and hugged her back, she swayed a little like she always did when she hugged someone, like she was letting them go but didn't want to. "How was your trip? Morgan was so sweet to give you money to go!" She exclaimed merrily and grabbed my back pack as I took my other bag. I bit my lip, I had always hated lying to her, just because I caught Kira and Morgan and didn't tell her didn't mean it was easy. Whenever Morgan kissed my mother I always wanted to scream that he was a fucking whore and yell out the truth but looking at her work stressed face made me resist. I had never borrowed money to go to Venice from Morgan, like he had said and Alyssa had insisted. I could never tell her or my mother how I had really earned the money to afford the trip. My mother would not scold me but she would look at me with such disappointment that it would tear my heart string by string apart if she found out. And Alyssa would be disgusted by me and probably hate me more than she already did, after all she didn't love me back.

The painful memory of me admitting my love to her on the plane and her not replying zoomed before me and I silently kicked myself for being such a fool and letting my tongue waggle out those few words. "Hello! Earth to Adrian!" My mother waved a hand in front of my face and I shook myself back to reality. We were standing at my door. I mumbled an apology. "You must just be tired. Get some rest dear, I don't want you missing anymore school because you're sick... Oh and dear, I'd love to meet that girl you took with you to Venice. Alyssa's her name right? Tell her she's welcome here anytime she likes." I chewed the inside of my cheek. That'll never happen now. When my mother left, I pushed my door open and entered to find Kira sitting cross legged on my bed, arms wrapped around my pillow.

I stiffened and scowled, did she find it? Oh god please help her not to have! "What the fuck do you want? I'm not in a mood for you, go buy some condoms and maybe you'll find another guy to sleep with in the shop too." I lashed out and dropped my things on the floor. Kira shut her eyes for a minute and then opened them slowly. "Adrian, we need to talk" She said quietly. My breath caught but I put on my calm attitude. "Yeah, about you coming into my room!" "No, Adrian, seriously." Her voice was low and serious. It sent goose bumps over my arms. I made my way and roughly pulled her off the bed and took my pillow back from her arms, tossing it on the bed as casually as possible and resisting the urge to check inside the pillowcase. "Please, Adrian. I can't do this anymore." She said in a small voice that sent chills up my spine, she'd never talked like this before. In fact we'd never had a decent conversation since I caught her, my mother always thought it was just normal sibling fights and she was always working anyways. "Do what?" I asked. "This" She gestured between us. "You-Me. We share blood and I can't keep hating you. I miss my brother. I need him back." She spoke so softly, I barely heard her. I didn't know what to say.

"So you kiss Morgan, who's like way older than you and happens to be mom's new husband AND you expect it to be cool between us? No thanks, I'll pass" I really couldn't do this now. Alyssa had wounded me and now Kira was peeling off an old scab and making fresh blood flow. "I'm sorry. I regret it-I regret it so fucking much, Adrian. I never wanted to-to do that but he-he was drunk.." She stopped and I could see her eyes welling with tears that did not spill. I arched an eyebrow. "Drunk?" "Yes, he was drunk and-and I was scared and alone at home. He told me to kiss him and I didn't know what to do, I was scared that in his drunken state, he would hurt me, so I did. And then you came." She let the words spill and the tears to. My gaze softened but hardened again. "So that's why when he became sober, he kept telling me it was a mistake but he never told me he was drunk because he told mom that he quit drinking! Why didn't you say he was drunk" I put the pieces together. "He begged me not to, Adrian. He was so sad and frightened I had to pity him and show mercy. He's really stopped drinking now, Adrian. He promised me that if I didn't say anything he would quit, and he did. I think, I think he really loves mom" 

I shook my head in annoyance. The whole day's events and emotions were bottled up in me and now the cap burst open and they flew everywhere. "I don't know what to say, really. I still can't believe you kissed him whether you were scared or not! Besides too much is between us to just forget and let go, Kira. I may miss my sister but that ain't mean I need her back. Or even want her." I fumed and she opened her mouth to answer but I interrupted with a growl. "This war might be over, but there's no peace treaty being signed yet." I slammed the door shut.

A/N

I know, I know, I know,

You guys probably wanted to have a chapter in Alyssa's POV to find out what happens with her parents and everything, but please don't kill me. *hides under the bed* I had to mention this part and Kira apologizing and everything, besides, I need to keep your attention ;) Man, I love being in charge and having power over this story *rubs hands together evilly and stirs the cauldron*

Some of you may not like it in Adrian's POV but I'm telling you, DON'T SKIP HIS POVs because it's a continuation and you won't understand anything in the next chapter if you do. So wait for the next chapter to find out what happens to Alyssa and vote even if you're a Adrian's-POV-hater xP.

Media as Lily Collins

And guys, one more thing, if you don't get this whole media as Vanessa hudgens or Lily Collins or Cameron Dallas, just go check the cast out. I'm not randomly choosing actors/models/actresses, it's whoever is in the cast and whoever is mentioned or a main in the particular chapter.

I hope you read the whole note xD I love you if you did.

But then again, I love all my readers & voters!

~The Unicorn In The Rain xoxo