Hijack

(Chapter 34)

*Alyssa's POV*

I sat on the uncomfortably hard couch in the lobby, twiddling my thumbs as Adrian checked out of the hotel. Our trip to Venice was over and a feeling of longing replaced my heart's exhilaration. I'd have one day to catch up on school and start preparing for exams when I returned to San Francisco before my parents returned from Chicago. I unlocked my phone and messaged my mom that I was going to bed and feeling better though it was morning. How easy it was for me to lie now alarmed me. "C'mon Cinnamon, let's go home" Adrian said and we left to the airport.

***

I pressed my palms against the window glass and peered out at the glamorous view of Venice. I desperately darted my eyes all over the view, lusting for my last views of the place I waited for half my life to go to. "I had a great time, thanks Adrian, there are like 171,476 words in the English language I think and none of them can describe how grateful I am that you took me here, despite everything. This means a lot to me, more than I'll ever be able to say." I gently touched his hand as we entered a cloud and the view disappeared. "Like I said, anything for you. Besides your face when you gazed at everything was priceless." He squeezed my hand then smirked and held up a photo on his phone. I leaned closer to see and then gasped. I was at the glass window in the lobby grinning toothily, like a five year old at chocolate, at something outside with my forehead touching the glass. "Delete it!!" I whined. "Like I said, I won" He winked and leaned back in his seat, put his sunglasses on and started The Walking Dead. I rolled my eyes and put the headphones on and played an episode of FRIENDS The One With The Yeti as I settled back in my seat.

***

My eyes flew open and I sat forward in my sleep. I had fallen asleep while listening to music and Adrian was reading a magazine. The pilot announced that we were flying over San Francisco right now and it was 8 a.m here. I ran my fingers through my hair and gazed out at the risen sun till it hurt my eyes. "We'll be landing in a few minutes, I thought you should rest so I didn't wake you up." Adrian spoke and put his magazine down. "Thanks." I muttered and sipped water from a bottle. Adrian munched on the free peanuts and I began to think about my parents. The reality of what I had done began to sink in slowly like the titanic in the Atlantic Ocean. I took deep breaths and tried not to fidget with my fingers. "What is it?" Adrian asked and lightly touched my palm. "Nothing, just-just my parents. I know they'll be arriving tomorrow but I just feel like they're going to find out or something." I hesitated and chewed the inside of my cheek nervously. "Hey, it'll be fine, don't worry. If you ever need anything I'm here for you okay?" "Okay." I didn't feel convinced but I desperately tried to fight the agitation.

Suddenly there were shouts from up ahead. My brows furrowed and I sat up straight trying to see what was happening. "WHAT THE HELL!?" A passenger shrieked from ahead. "What's going on?" I asked and stood a little despite the seat belt sign that had suddenly come on. Adrian was talking to a passenger in front but I couldn't see anything that was happening. "What's the commotion about?" I asked a lady with brunette hair behind me but she only shrugged. There were several gasps and screams up ahead and the flight attendants were pale and trying to pacify everyone. My lip began to bleed from how hard I was biting it and I didn't even realize. "ADRIAN! What's happening?" I demanded, fear building up in me with every second. He turned to me slowly and breathed deeply, his eyes shut. "It's a hijack"

*inserts dramatic drum roll*

Stick around for more y'all.

Sorry, I know I've not updated in ages but I had exams and blah blah :/ Anyways enjoy :)

Don't forget to vote AND comment.

Media as Vanessa Hudgens

~TUITR XX