No snow all sparkles

(Chapter 8)
*Alyssa's POV*  
      It was the last week of school before the winter holidays. And we were all looking forward to it. The air was chilly so everyone was bundled up in warm clothes and boots unfortunately it never snowed here in San Fransisco so we were stuck in a cold winter without snow. It was Monday morning and everyone was bustling around hoping the week would go by quickly. Sydney and I sat in Biology class together listening to Mrs. Daisy, a teacher in her 60s drone on and on about neurons.

SYDNEY: Trystan and I are going to the winter ball!! I need a dress!

Sydney texted me fron right next to me. I looked over at her and she gave me a pleading look. The winter ball was like a tradition in our school. It was on the last day before the Christmas holiday which meant this Friday.

ALYSSA: Ya why not go after school?
SYDNEY: What about you? who're you going with?

I sucked in a breath, looked over at Sydney and shrugged.

SYDNEY: You are soooo coming. No backing out. For me?
ALYSSA: Syd.. I'm not going without a date and.. No one asked me yet :/
SYDNEY: Gr8. Take Adrian? You two look fab together.

I sighed and shook my head at her.

ALYSSA: Not happening. I may have accepted him as a friend but NOT a date. Never!
Ignoring her gaze on me, I put my phone away indicating I was not changing my mind.
         "Draw the structure of the neuron now" Mrs.Daisy said and I looked up seeing her cough and then a dreamy smile appeared on her face. Sydney and I exchanged a glance. And that's when my biology teacher passed out. She just fell out of her chair onto the floor, her smile still plastered on her face. The class errupted into chatter immediately, people pulled out their cell phones and began snapping pictures. After about five minutes, someone decided that maybe we should get help and they slipped out of class to get the nurse.
               ***
     When school was done Sydney kissed Trystan and then we left in my car to go buy Sydney a dress. "Today was...Wierd" I chuckled recalling Mrs.Daisy's face. "Serves her right for the mounds of homework she stuffs at us. Anyways about the ball..." "Nuh-uh Syd. Till someone worthwhile asks me I'm not going." I stopped her. "Awww. Come on Aly!!! It'll be fun. Take your nose out of books and studies for once maybe? You're really boring sometimes you know?" Sydney complained. Scowling, I replied "I am so not boring. And books are the best. Plus, I have homework to do." I took a right to go to the mall. "Prove you're not boring" Sydney challenged. "I...Fine." My voice cracked. "Wooohooo! Mission accomplished" Sydney cheered as I parked the car.
Ladies and Gentlemen, my bestfriend is the most persistent and annoying bestfriend you could get.
       ***
         "This is definitely the one." My bestfriend stood infront of me in a deep red dress that stopped above her knees, the satin wrapping neatly around her waist showing off her curves. "Beautiful." I admired it. "Now your dress. How about that black one. I could lend you my stilletoes with it." Sydney offered. "Not something for a winter ball" I frowned and went through the racks of dresses. Finally after ages of searching I picked out a silver dress. It had a moderate cleavage and stopped below my knees. It had sparkles around the waist making it look like it had a belt made of sparkles. "That's fab! I can't wait till Trystan sees my dress on Friday." Sydney sighed.
         "You ain't seeing him, Dreamgirl." A girl's voice said. I turned to see Kira standing behind me in a purple parka and cold gaze fixed on Sydney.

A/N
Hope you are enjoying it guys.
Vote and follow please.
Media as Adriana Lima
Lots of love,
~The Unicorn In The Rain xoxo