The Winter Ball

(Chapter 10)
*Alyssa's POV*
I admired my reflection in Sydney's mirror. "Babe, you look A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!!" Sydney squealed. I wore the silver dress with sparkles for a belt and white platform heels. My brown hair looked soft and placed in a neat french braid that rested over my shoulder. My brown eyes were highlighted by the black eyeliner, Sydney applied on me and I had a light coat of red lipstick. "You look great too Syd." I complimented her. She stood in the dark red dress she had picked out, she had bright red lip gloss on, smoky eye shadow and her brown hair flowed over her shoulders. She wore red pencil heels and a look of triumph on her face.
"Lets rooooolllll Baby!" She sang as we left the house to the Winter ball.
**
As soon as we entered the school's party hall we attracted dozens of stares. I guess no one was used to seeing me at parties, Sydney was usually the party animal, I liked to stay away from most homosapians. I rubbed my neck, feeling a pang of embarassement for coming without a date. Why does Sydney have to be so persuasive?
Trystan and Adrian came up to us with big smiles. Trystan wore a black suit while Adrian wore a tuxedo, I had to keep myself from snorting at his dress choice. Never have I ever seen him be formal. Ever.
"Hello ladies. Dance please?" Trystan asked and he and Sydney swept off to the dance floor blending in with the many couples swaying to the slow music. Teachers were patrolling the whole place making sure no one spiked the drinks or couples were getting "too" close to each other.
Adrian and I stood in awkward silence for a moment before he finally said "I don't see your date anywhere." "I came alone" I replied and stared at the floor. "Same here." He said, not feeling ashamed to admit it, to my shock. He must have seen it on my face because he chuckled adorably and smiled "Not in the mood for sluts. Dance?" He asked me and offered his arm like a gentleman. I smiled and took his arm, ignoring the gawks from all the other girls. Wow, Adrian can actually be a gentleman for once.
As we swayed to the slow music I couldn't help but notice how his soft brown eyes looked so much like swirls of melted chocolate and his hands on my waist and his face inches from mine. We've never been this close.
          As we dance, I accidentally bump into someone with my back. Adrian and I stop moving, but our position stays the same. "Learn how to dance loser?" Kira said her voice full of mock. "Do the world a favor and fuck off"Adrian replied for me then he let go of my waist and took my wrist, dragging me outside. Sometimes I forgot those two were siblings. We strolled to the school's garden which was deserted except for a girl and boy kissing behind a bush.
            "Why do you hate her so much? Kira I mean." I blurted out the question that was bugging me for a long time. Adrian shrugged and sat on a bench and gestured for me to sit next to him. "No like, you guys are siblings. How do you hate her that much." I insisted. Adrian scowled but wouldn't look at me. What was I thinking? He wouldn't tell me anything. One dance didn't mean anything. He considered me a friend but...
Oh god.
I think I'm in love with Northmay High school's biggest playboy. Kill. Me. Right. Now.

A/N
Ahhh, Thanks so much for reading.
Vote and Comment please?
Media as Cameron Dallas
~The Unicorn In The Rain